Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Way to go, Mayhem

Default Way to go, Mayhem

Helping MMA put it's best foot forward as always. Sigh.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Default Re: Way to go, Mayhem

Mayhem just asked a question. There was no need for all the attacks. I know it was not in good taste. But it made a good case for a rematch. I would rather see Mayhem fight Nick Diaz instead though. They went at it during the scuffle. I think the Gracie group looked more like thugs in all that mess.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Miller came into the cage the way many other fighters have, unfortunately he got mugged by a group of thugs.

Yeah, its ok for Diaz to interrupt KJ Noons celebration, but mayhem does it, and suddenly he crosses the line. Again it was bad taste. I thought shields was about to laught it off before melendez shoved him and made into a spectacle.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    Yeah, its ok for Diaz to interrupt KJ Noons celebration, but mayhem does it, and suddenly he crosses the line. Again it was bad taste. I thought shields was about to laught it off before melendez shoved him and made into a spectacle.
    More then not, Mayhem was probably told to enter the cage and hype up the fight a bit. Problem is the Diaz bros are undisciplined thugs. I'd love to see Nick vs. Miller, I'll have my money on the latter.

What a gong show, that was rediculous.

Interesting (if one-sided) fight between Shields and Henderson. They kept getting into the high-crotch/crotch lift position that happens in wrestling all the time but I haven't seen it much in MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    Diaz got slaughtered for what he did. Mayhem wasn't invited into the cage, and he bumped Shields out of the way in the middle of the post-fight interview after by far the biggest win of Shields career. No, Team easar Gracie is not without fault, but Mayhem has his own helping of blame as well.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

Not a classy move by mayhem but i thought it was hilarious when renallo came on at the end and said it was disgusting what mayhem but mentioned nothing of a group of guys mugging him.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Not a classy move by mayhem but i thought it was hilarious when renallo came on at the end and said it was disgusting what mayhem but mentioned nothing of a group of guys mugging him.
    Agreed. Those were Mauro's pro wrestling roots shining through. The Ceasar Gracie guys acted like a bunch of 12 year old thugs.