Thread: UFC on Versus: Jon Jones Vs. Brandon Vera, The Preview

World Champ

Star UFC on Versus: Jon Jones Vs. Brandon Vera, The Preview

It's time for the main event of the evening! Introducing first:

In the blue corner, standing 6' 3" tall, weighing in at 205 pounds, and a professional mixed martial arts record of 11 wins and four losses. Seven wins coming by way of knock out! Brandon "The Truth" Vera!!

In the red corner, standing 6' 4" tall, weighing in at 205 pounds, and a professional mixed martial arts record of nine wins and one loss. Five wins coming by way of knock out! Jon "Bones" Jones!!

This matchup is the main event set for UFC on Versus 1 on March 21, and it is definitely going to be exciting.

Brandon Vera holds a brown belt in BJJ and is well versed in Greco Roman Wrestling and Muay Thai.

Jon Jones is well versed in Greco Roman Wrestling, Muay Thai, and Grappling. He is possibly one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC.

Vera is coming off a unanimous decision loss to future Hall of Famer Randy Couture in November 2009. If he beat Couture, he would be very close to a title shot, but the loss has set him back quite a bit. Yet, his opponent's skill has not declined.

Jones is coming off a disqualification loss to Matt Hamill for illegal downward elbows. Let me tell you, those elbows were vicious!

Jones was dominating Hamill, and at first the result was a TKO win for "Bones". After review, he was given the loss, but everybody looks at it as a win for Jon Jones.

He is actually taking a step in the right direction in fighting Brandon Vera, and he will be tested. This could be Jones' toughest fight yet.

What "The Truth" is going to want to do is keep Jones at a distance, using jabs and leg kicks. Jones' long reach could be a serious problem for Vera, as his reach is abnormally long. Jon Jones throws a lot of unorthodox punches and kicks, so Vera has to keep an eye on those.

Jones is going to look to push the pace, and take Vera out of his element. He keeps his opponents guessing at all times. If you have seen this kid fight, you know he is an athletic freak. "Bones" is so fast and explosive, but Vera can be just as dangerous.

I'm looking forward to this fight a lot. My prediction is that Jon Jones will win via Unanimous Decision.

I think these guys will take it the distance, both are very good standing up and on the ground. It is going to be a very interesting fight, and I can't wait!

Default Re: UFC on Versus: Jon Jones Vs. Brandon Vera, The Preview

big fan of jones. win or lose, i picking win, this will be a great fight. jones is one of those fighters who does the things wrestlers who don't fight think will work and wonder why nobody tries. i watch fights and wonder why doesn't this guy throw from there. jones is the guy that hits the throw.

side note, i think matt riddle has a win over jones in high school or placed higher at the ny states?