Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: James TOney signs with UFC?

Default Re: James TOney signs with UFC?

Goddammit this site is great sometimes.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Here's the thing Pimach, if someone posts something hateful, hurtful, etc, let's get rid of the person. We don't need that over here and certainly not in our MMA group. But deleting a word because its associated with a word? Deleting a photo in our private group?? What gives?
    I agree OBC, I dont get it either, we have lived in harmony all this time, except for some recent needed disciplinary action on a couple of regulars, but to start censoring harmless things and no real reason given is BS.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

TTT for a reply from UGLY
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    ill look into it, i dont like being undermined.

i was also sad to see the glorious photo from the old ballcoach group had been removed. I didnt know if that was done by adolf or a mod but either way i was sad.

I wasn't undermining you, I think it is inappropriate so I modded it. Don't worry I have a request for judgement into Jensen just to clarify my ruling.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    TTT for a reply from UGLY

Just doing my job, we will see if Jensen and Co want the word used if so I will go along with it. It does not personally offend me but it might really offend some.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    PDen, can you reign in the other mods and let them know that this is your Board to control?
    I dont think he will be reigning in anyone, nobody is trying to take over. This is not a private sect of the wrestling talk. Everybody can come in here and see what is being said. I very very rarely mod anything but when I see something that I dont think is good I will mod it, in any forum.

Well it wasnt excessive use of profanity and it clearly wasnt used as a racial slur aimed at attacking another poster.

I dont even care if someone things are censored it just annoys me when random censoring starts happening. Similar to our private group being made public then being censored. If mods are up front about what can and cant be used and why or why not they are allowing something it will not cause problems. When things start disappearing with no explanation especially when their was no prior warnings it will surely make posters angry.

Minimod and themat.com was famous for this and part of the reason posters made their way over here.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Well it wasnt excessive use of profanity and it clearly wasnt used as a racial slur aimed at attacking another poster.

I dont even care if someone things are censored it just annoys me when random censoring starts happening. Similar to our private group being made public then being censored. If mods are up front about what can and cant be used and why or why not they are allowing something it will not cause problems. When things start disappearing with no explanation especially when their was no prior warnings it will surely make posters angry.

Minimod and themat.com was famous for this and part of the reason posters made their way over here.

I posted my reason on the post, I just didnt remove it without explenation. I think it is a big enough issue that we should just stay away from using the word and its variations so we can avoid some kind of internet race riot. It is nothing personal.

Well the explanation you put doesnt really line up with the forum rules. I think we can all assume that when mini mod was deleting stuff it was because he didnt think it was good.

Obviously jensens is the boss so if he says anything related to the n word is out of line then we know for future reference.

I personally think being pc at all costs just adds further delays on people overcoming race issues but i guess that is an issue for the politics forum.