Thread: Cain Velasquez Proves Himself at UFC 110

World Champ

Star Cain Velasquez Proves Himself at UFC 110

Cain Velasquez was facing a UFC legend for the first time his career and he lived up the matchup. Velasquez came away with a devastating first round knockout over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

Velasquez struck Nogueira with a great right hook which was the beginning of the end for Nogueira. Velasquez was able to mix up strong leg kicks with great body combinations as well to start the fight.

Cain looked great throughout the first round, and his striking is much improved since his work with the American Kickboxing Academy.

Velasquez is extremely dangerous in the heavyweight division and he is one of the top young fighters in all of MMA.

Wanderlei Silva looked great in his decision victory against Michael Bisping. The fight surprisingly did not end up in a knockout for either opponent, but Silva came extremely close late in the third round.*

Bisping showed some good wrestling for the first two rounds but was unable to take Silva down in the third. Bisping?s striking was adequate, but the aggressive style of Wanderlei Silva proved to be too much for England?s most famous mixed martial artist.

George Sotiropoulos was dominant in his victory against Joe ?Daddy? Stevenson. The domination by Sotiropoulos was unexpected and his strong Jiu-Jitsu and long reach helped him defeat the former No. 1 contender, Stevenson.*

Throughout the fight, Sotiropoulos attempted many smooth submissions. It was clear that, although Stevenson was a BJJ black belt, his Jiu-Jitsu was nowhere near the level of Sotiropoulos.

The Aussie came out in full force with his home crowd behind him and put on his best performance in the UFC.

Sotiropoulos has been quietly moving up the rankings in the lightweight division, and this win cements his spot among the elite in the weight class.

Ryan Bader used his explosive takedowns throughout his fight against Keith Jardine but his striking earned him a knockout win and also cemented him as a legitimate light heavyweight contender.

Bader rocked Keith Jardine and followed it up with a flying knee and left hook as he put Jardine on the floor for good. It was an extremely impressive and crucial victory for Bader.

Mirko Filipovic looked impressive in the octagon against a lesser opponent in Anthony Perosh. Filipovic ended up winning via referee stoppage due to a cut over Perosh?s left eye. ?Cro Cop? was dominating on the feet and cut Perosh with a great ground and pound elbow.

The fight was completely one-sided, and ?Cro Cop? unfortunately had to face Perosh due to Ben Rothwell?s absence. Perosh is normally a light heavyweight but took the fight on short notice as he is an Australia native.

Prediction results: 5-0 on the main card and 3-1 on the undercard, good for 8-1 overall. The only wrong prediction in my "UFC 110 Preview" was C.B. Dollaway coming out with a unanimous 29-28 decision over Goran Reljic.

Default Re: Cain Velasquez Proves Himself at UFC 110

The big Question:

How long before Nogeira's camp discloses the torn shoulder or broken toe injury as an excuse. Big Nog is a classy guy. But I Can't see Soares or other countryman handle the loss with dignity. We shall see. I will five it 3 days from today...
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

I agree but with his interview after the fight, he will look like a bigger dbag if Soares says anything.

I admit I didnt think Cain had KO power in his hands but damn he came out and whupped Nogs ass.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Cain Fight

[ame="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUzMzg3NTQ0.html"]UFC110????Antonio_Rodrigo_Nogueira_vs._Cain_Velasq - ?? - ???? - ????[/ame]

Bader Fight

[ame="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUzNDExMTQw.html"]UFC110????Keith.Jardine.vs.Ryan.Bader - ?? - ???? - ????[/ame]
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

I just want to see Lesnar get knocked out cold......Cain, Mir maybe...Carwin cant do it

Love to Lesnar vs Fedor, but it will never happen

Bader was thoroughly impressive as was Cain Velazquez. Psyched to see Wanderlei beat Bisping.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Lesnar vs Fedor? Would Fedor even be top 5 in the UFC right now? I'm not sure he would.
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Lesnar vs Fedor? Would Fedor even be top 5 in the UFC right now? I'm not sure he would.

I don't think they will ever fight...Dana tried to get it together...

Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    The big Question:

How long before Nogeira's camp discloses the torn shoulder or broken toe injury as an excuse. Big Nog is a classy guy. But I Can't see Soares or other countryman handle the loss with dignity. We shall see. I will five it 3 days from today...
    I retract. Class act he is...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18061/ed-s...og-is-done.mma
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal