Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Hidehiko Yoshida Fight Announced

Default Farewell Hidehiko Yoshida Fight Announced

http://nightmareofbattle.com/?p=668

The retirement match of Olympic gold medalist Hidehiko Yoshida has been announced. The fight will take place in J-Rock MMA event ?Hidehiko Yoshida Farewell Fight ~ASTRA~? at the Nippon Budokan (14 000) on April 25th.

Also on the card will be Michihiro Omigawa, Makoto Takimoto, Kazuhiro Nakamura, and future king Tatsunao Nagakura.

No word yet on if this new ASTRA will be a new promotion or just a one time thing.

Update: Yoshida said at the press conference that his number 1 most interesting/fun fights were the ones against Wanderlei Silva. Both Japanese fighters and foreign fighters are on the candidate list.

Update #2: Yoshida said that the reason for his retirement is that since the Mark Hunt fight in PRIDE he has had pain in his left shoulder which has been tough on him (he has had A LOT of other rumored injuries as well) and almost made him retire in the past. He wants to continue with his own Judo dojo after retirement.

Update #3: Former WVR PR Kokuho said that they have both Japanaese and foreign fighters outside of Yoshida Dojo for the event and they?ll announce these names as time goes from now on. For now this is only a one time thing but if they receive cooperation from a lot of promoters and gyms, they?ll hold more events in the future.

Update #4: Kokuho said that they want Yoshida?s last fight be a meaningful one. Kazuhiro Nakamura then appealed for a fight with his teacher.

Update #5: The fights will be 3?5 minutes and the plan is 7-8 main fights and 3-4 opening fights. There will be a retirement ceremony for Yoshida after the main event. Yoshida is very familiar with the Nippon Budokan.

Hidehiko Yoshida Farewell Fight ~ASTRA~
    Date: April 25th, 2010
    Place: Nippon Budokan in Tokyo, Japan

Participants:
    Hidehiko Yoshida, Makoto Takimoto, Michihiro Omigawa, Kazuhiro Nakamura, Tatsunao Nagakura

Default Re: Farewell Hidehiko Yoshida Fight Announced

I'd like to see Adolf fight Yoshida. Would break the record for most throws in a single fight.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    I'd like to see Adolf fight Yoshida. Would break the record for most throws in a single fight.

Why does it not surprise me to see Claudale respond to this thread negatively against Yoshida, you think that the aryan OBC would be launching the Japanese Olympic gold medalist enough times to break the record???

you get away with so much here at twt it reminds me of how CAP used to get away with the same kind of stuff over at the now defunct themat forums.
    Last edited by Pimach; 02-08-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Pimach I've learned to just let it go with Claudale. He comes on here and arrogantly puts down those of non Anglo decent. He's on record as saying that he dislikes promotions that have too many Japanese competitors. I like the little guy, I really do, but this is too much. I am going to appeal to the mods if this doesn't change. next there will be posts about too many blacks, or too many Mexicans. Where do we draw the line? P Jersey, (Beenie Baby) please have an off line discussion with Claudale and appeal to him to be considerate to those who are not white and blue eyed. Thank you.

Now the other point that I wanted to address. Claudale I would frustrate the Japanese Gold Medalist with a stiff and stinging jab, (the European variety). It would look like a piston as it peppers him over and over. Before he knew it, a 2 would follow and crashing to the mat would be Yoshida. Then in a sign of disrespect, I'd lock him up in an arm bar and force him to tap. Like the "Zeros" in WWII that fell from the sky to their demise, so would Yoshida fall.

East side Claudale
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Pimach I've learned to just let it go with Claudale. He comes on here and arrogantly puts down those of non Anglo decent. He's on record as saying that he dislikes promotions that have too many Japanese competitors. I like the little guy, I really do, but this is too much. I am going to appeal to the mods if this doesn't change. next there will be posts about too many blacks, or too many Mexicans. Where do we draw the line? P Jersey, (Beenie Baby) please have an off line discussion with Claudale and appeal to him to be considerate to those who are not white and blue eyed. Thank you.

Now the other point that I wanted to address. Claudale I would frustrate the Japanese Gold Medalist with a stiff and stinging jab, (the European variety). It would look like a piston as it peppers him over and over. Before he knew it, a 2 would follow and crashing to the mat would be Yoshida. Then in a sign of disrespect, I'd lock him up in an arm bar and force him to tap. Like the "Zeros" in WWII that fell from the sky to their demise, so would Yoshida fall.

East side Claudale
    OBC, Ive have gone so fas as to reach out to PDen for assistance but got nowhere, it must be an east coast thing with those two, I am hoping that the the powers that be will be looking at this a little more closely but somehow I get the feeling that they may be in cahoots, much like minimod was with CAP. I kind wonder why he hasnt started in on me yet but maybe he figures as long as Im the lone injun around here its ok, its like those old westerns where there was an injun kept around to do the scouting and scalping.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    OBC, Ive have gone so fas as to reach out to PDen for assistance but got nowhere, it must be an east coast thing with those two, I am hoping that the the powers that be will be looking at this a little more closely but somehow I get the feeling that they may be in cahoots, much like minimod was with CAP. I kind wonder why he hasnt started in on me yet but maybe he figures as long as Im the lone injun around here its ok, its like those old westerns where there was an injun kept around to do the scouting and scalping.
    I always rooted for the Indians in those flicks.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

As do i gjfovf, but they always end up with the short end of the stick.
    Lets go Brent!

Yoshida is a true legend, like Masato hardcore fans will miss his fights

I will always respect the hell out of Yoshida. He is absolutely as tough as they come...a true samurai.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com