Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First WEC PPV = $45

Default First WEC PPV = $45

I can't imagine too many people doing this. I predict 2 PPV buys; P-Jersey and Adolf.

World Extreme Cagefighting officially announced their first foray into the world of pay-per-view on Wednesday as the promotion is set to descend once again into Sacramento, Calif., on April 24 for a star studded card that will feature a main event pitting featherweight champion Jose Aldo against hometown hero Urijah Faber with the 145-pound title on the line.

As announced by the Associated Press on Wednesday, the card will cost $44.99 and will be the company's first attempt at a pay-per-view draw after shows emulating on the Versus network for the past few years.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...10653&zoneid=2
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Default Re: First WEC PPV = $45

I predict more PPV buys then BodogFIGHT and Pride 32 combined.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I wont be ordering it. I support the UFC till the casket drops. This is not the UFC.
    Lets go Brent!

$45??? are you f'n kidding me and who gives a shit if they get more buys than Bodog and Pride 32.

im with the OBC, I wont be ordering it either. gonna save my hard earned scratch for the Shogun/Machida fight.
    Last edited by Pimach; 02-03-2010 at 05:25 PM.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

They are better known than Pride, but only the Dana faithful would say the WEC is better than Pride. I stopped watching the WEC when it was free (not that its bad, but I just didn't get into it as much - we get enough MMA from other places)
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    I wont be ordering it. I support the UFC till the casket drops. This is not the UFC.
    Never heard that expression before (casket drops). Looks like VAK will buy it in your place.

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    They are better known than Pride, but only the Dana faithful would say the WEC is better than Pride. I stopped watching the WEC when it was free (not that its bad, but I just didn't get into it as much - we get enough MMA from other places)
    That's your loss. WEC is probably the most consistently exciting fight product put out right now.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    That's your loss. WEC is probably the most consistently exciting fight product put out right now.

thats straight from the WEC website^^^^
    Last edited by Pimach; 02-03-2010 at 11:15 PM.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Never heard that expression before (casket drops). Looks like VAK will buy it in your place.
    Claudale you let me know when you want me to bring you up to speed with the urban lingo. You know I used to live on the East Coast and have been in some of the harder hoods in America. They pale to where I was brought up!
    Lets go Brent!