Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First WEC PPV = $45

Default Re: First WEC PPV = $45

I always thought the WEC cards were better than almost all of the UFC free fights.
    Better fighters and more exciting fights.
    However, I stopped being able to watch when DirectTV dropped Versus and there is no way I would pay $45 for the fight.
    The pay per view model will not work for the WEC.

Shenanigans Pimach...

WHAT is the WEC? [World Extreme Cagefighting]
    World Extreme Cagefigting WEC? is the world?s leading mixed martial arts sports organization, formed in June 30, 2001.With a history of exciting MMA events and a record of 23 straight sell out crowds, the WEC has proven itself to be the premier fighting event in MMA. The WEC features a strong ownership and a depth of management experience across a spectrum of live event sports, television production and ancillary business development. The WEC is positioned well for the future as the standard for the evolving and exciting sport of mixed martial arts.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    i wont be ordering it. WEC puts on exciting fights but they have three divisions, the 155 division is clearly the minor leagues compared to the ufc. 135 still has little depth so there arent a lot of fights id be overly interested in. That leaves 145 which is a strong division, but after faber there are not a ton of legit challengers for aldo. He already destroyed brown, assunciao and fabiano both have been beat recently, and grispi has been sidelined for awhile now.

I dont see how they could consistently put on pay per views that could really draw interest. The biggest problem is they have made people accustomed to seeing the product free and now they want us to pay 45 dollars. Considering that ufc often times puts on two pay per views a month and its a little much to ask for.

Lastly im not a fan of the wec production value. The announcers slobber all over their poster boys, and they usually hold the event in venues with about 1000 people. i doubt they will suddenly have 15,000 people simply because it is a pay per view. The events simply just dont have the excitement level worthy of paying $45.

This is all true now, because our new TWT authority, P-Jersey said so. So now you know.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Pimach what do you want to know? I could give ghetto tour guides, I know this stuff so well.

San Bernardino - rough brother.

Los Angeles, (South and the East) craziest place on the planet not in Mexico

Oakland

East Palo Alto

Phoenix (Los Zetas)

Chicago

Philly, (a little weak but it has its moments)

Miami (Pork and Beens Projects, Liberty City)

East St. Louis

Gary Indiana

I can go all day long. What do you want to know I'l break it down.

East side of the wall in Germany, don't even get me started. I take claudale over there, he may tinkle himself

OBC, What do you know about East Los???

BTW, Ive been on the east side of the now demolished wall, the housing projects on some of the reservations are worse than that place
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Adolf you missed camden, new jersey highest murder rate 3 times in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    This is all true now, because our new TWT authority, P-Jersey said so. So now you know.
    I sense sarcasm and anger, are you still mad at me because of massenzio? I thought we moved past that.

I never heard that the East side of the wall was anything dangerous (and I doubt it still is). Just poor people trying to get to the other side - and a young Adolf with an empty stomach looking state subsidized judo halls.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    I never heard that the East side of the wall was anything dangerous (and I doubt it still is). Just poor people trying to get to the other side - and a young Adolf with an empty stomach looking state subsidized judo halls.
    Damn Claudale, thats messed up.

*sits back and waits for the OBC to respond*
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Claudale you are all too predictable. The western media has succeeded in brain washing you. You fell for it. You believe everything you hear on fox news. I could take you to some places that would cause you impotence, you'd be so scared. The soup kitchens and cantinas that you frequent in south Philadelphia are nothing more than glorified wanna be rough spots Claudale.

Camden? Ha! So a bunch of dope fiends died over there the last few years, hardly indicative of some of the hardest hoods. Your murder rate only indicates that people die easier there, (less resilient)

Pimach - you make a good point. Some of those reservations rival where I'm from!
    Lets go Brent!