Thread: According to Pat Miletich, Frank Shamrock Bout On the Horizon

World Champ

Star According to Pat Miletich, Frank Shamrock Bout On the Horizon

Two legends and former champions of the Ultimate Fighting Championship could potentially square off inside the Strikeforce cage. According to "The Croatian Sensation" Pat Miletich , both he and Frank Shamrock have verbally agreed to compete. However, the former welterweight title holder and UFC 16 lightweight tournament champion claims that Shamrock is being reluctant in finalizing a deal.

"Frank Shamrock and I have verbally agreed to fight each other, but from what I understand he's being difficult in the negotiations," Miletich told fiveouncesofpain.com. "For whatever reason he may have, I think it's too bad because I think it's the type of fight that would draw a lot of attention. It would be two guys that were UFC champions and have done a lot for that organization, and now they're involved with Strikeforce.

"I think it just made sense. But for whatever reason I think he's having trouble pulling the trigger. He may be nervous about getting slapped around, but that's the way it sits right now. Hopefully I can find someone else to fight if he doesn't want to do it. I want to get in there before Summer."

Critics will undoubtedly shrug this bout off as nothing more than a battle between two aging fighters, but these two MMA pioneers may just prove the doubters wrong. There's no questioning that both athletes best days in this sport are behind them but there recent outings aren't that terrible.*

The 40-year-old Miletich came out of retirement in 2008 finishing Thomas Denny with a powerful second round knockout. Shamrock, on the other hand, is coming off of a brutal defeat at the hands of newly crowned Strikeforce champion Nick Diaz but entered the cage with a severe rib injury. Prior to the Diaz loss, "The Legend" fought a close fight with former champion Cung Le and suffered a broken arm in the second round losing the fight by TKO.

Neither fighter has been overly impressive since the late 90's-early 2000's but they still train hard and show up ready to fight. Also, a clash between two legends of Shamrock and Miletich's caliber could be very interesting and would be a wise decision for Strikeforce to set up.

Regardless of whether or not the two former champions are still relevant in the grand scheme of things, it seems like it's all up to Shamrock if this fight actually happens or not.

This article was originally featured on fiveknuckles.com.

Default Re: According to Pat Miletich, Frank Shamrock Bout On the Horizon

a Shamrock-Miletich fight??? thanks MMA for bringing me the news of this highly anticipated fight, you are back with a vengence!!!!!!
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Default Re: According to Pat Miletich, Frank Shamrock Bout On the Horizon

A few years ago, Frank would have been like a 5-1 favorite, now this is probably a pickem
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White