Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonnen says A Silva speaks perfect English

Default Re: Sonnen says A Silva speaks perfect English

Sonnen has pretty weak sub defense, id clearly favor silva on the ground. Cant see sonnen consistently closing the distance on silva without getting smashed ond his feet. He offers very little in the way of finishing once on the ground. If you like sonnens chances you would have to love gsps chances, as he is a much better athlete, has much better timing on his shots, and is much better on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Sonnen has pretty weak sub defense, id clearly favor silva on the ground. Cant see sonnen consistently closing the distance on silva without getting smashed ond his feet. He offers very little in the way of finishing once on the ground. If you like sonnens chances you would have to love gsps chances, as he is a much better athlete, has much better timing on his shots, and is much better on the ground.
    GSP's chances? LoL. At least Sonnen has the heart, (cajones) to step up and take Silva on. GSP is shaking like a leaf at the notion of facing the Spider. Sure GSP looked great the 2nd time around against both 155 pounders, (Penn and Serra) but when he isn't towering over his opponent with a size advantage, he isn't nearly as confident. Against Silva, GSP may faint on his way to the cage or other wise soil himself if he makes it into the octagon. Maybe GSP beats Sonnen, but there isn't a chance in hell that he does better against the Spider than Sonnen does. He simply is too scared of the Brazilian. .
    Lets go Brent!

I've always thought GSP had a chance, but I don't think he can take a lot of abuse without weakening and I think he'd be hurt on top and probably caught at the start of one of the later rounds. But he could win of course.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    GSP's chances? LoL. At least Sonnen has the heart, (cajones) to step up and take Silva on. GSP is shaking like a leaf at the notion of facing the Spider. Sure GSP looked great the 2nd time around against both 155 pounders, (Penn and Serra) but when he isn't towering over his opponent with a size advantage, he isn't nearly as confident. Against Silva, GSP may faint on his way to the cage or other wise soil himself if he makes it into the octagon. Maybe GSP beats Sonnen, but there isn't a chance in hell that he does better against the Spider than Sonnen does. He simply is too scared of the Brazilian. .
    Good point, only one of the 2 guys wants this fight. If GSP said stuff like this, it would happen.

Sonnen fought Filho 2x and Filho was certainly one of the best in Pride.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Sonnen v Filho fight in the WEC was horrible.. I don't think Filho made weight and Sonnen looked terrible. I think that was the last 185 event they had.. I just remember that it was an awful performance by both men. GSP last about 1 minute longer than Sonnen. Then again, the Spider is a bad matchup for most men.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Good point, only one of the 2 guys wants this fight. If GSP said stuff like this, it would happen.

Sonnen fought Filho 2x and Filho was certainly one of the best in Pride.
    really? silva has not defended the mw belt in almost a year, he has talked about retiring and going into boxing. Lets not act like he is pushing for the fight and gsp is backing down.

One of gsps main training partners is going to get the next title shot, meanwhile gsp is making millions running roughshod over the ww division. When the time calls for it gsp will take the fight.

Adolf, sonnen has verbally submitted several times, please dont paint a picture of his toughness. GSP is the best fighter in the world, lets praise his ability to defeat guys who havfe beat him in the past and completely brutalize guys who challenge him.

PJ, there is nothing wrong with verbally submitting, as opposed to say, tapping out, if you are caught and have been defeated. You don't really believe that if he were to tap instead, that that is somehow more honorable, (think GSP/Serra or GSP/Hughes I) do you? The verbal submission rule is in place so that if one is defeated and cannot go on, he can avoid injury. It is a very good rule and I really don't see your issue with it. Please explain.

Now as far as heart and willing to take on challenges, look no further than Sonnen asking for a Silva fight, while GSP avoids it like the plague, but has no problem with taking on 155 pounders instead. GSP is certainly a very good fighter, perhaps the very best at 170 pounds, but he is not even on the radar at 185 pounds, (which he weighs significantly more naturally). As to Silva not having defended his belt at 185, that would be because he's been cleaning out the 205 division, (including a KO victory over the former champion). Lets not compare what GSP is willing to do, (take on inflated 155 pounders) with what the Spider is willing to do, (take on recent champions from the next weight class up).

I respect your limited but growing MMA knowledge and appreciate your input, but this argument that you are making is nothing more than sour grapes and foolish beyond belief. Feed GSP to Leban or Sakara, if he survives that, give him to Bisping. No point in matching him up with the Spider when he wants nothing to do with that fight anyways.
    Lets go Brent!

really? silva has not defended the mw belt in almost a year, he has talked about retiring and going into boxing. Lets not act like he is pushing for the fight and gsp is backing down.

One of gsps main training partners is going to get the next title shot, meanwhile gsp is making millions running roughshod over the ww division. When the time calls for it gsp will take the fight.

Adolf, sonnen has verbally submitted several times, please dont paint a picture of his toughness. GSP is the best fighter in the world, lets praise his ability to defeat guys who havfe beat him in the past and completely brutalize guys who challenge him.

GSP tapped in his losses, I don't get your point. He's not someone who is going to take a beating like Scott Smith and not quit.

That was lame how Silva didn't want to fight Dan directly (instead wanted him to beat Marquart first).

Seems to me like he's waiting until he's 100% sure he'd win, while most people (like me) would respect him for even trying. Does anyone think less of BJ for his losses going up a weight against top guys?

GSP has cleared out the weight class and his style has become very LNP - ironically, his fans who all hate Matt Hughes always said that about Hughes (now its ok)

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    GSP tapped in his losses, I don't get your point. He's not someone who is going to take a beating like Scott Smith and not quit.

That was lame how Silva didn't want to fight Dan directly (instead wanted him to beat Marquart first).

Seems to me like he's waiting until he's 100% sure he'd win, while most people (like me) would respect him for even trying. Does anyone think less of BJ for his losses going up a weight against top guys?

GSP has cleared out the weight class and his style has become very LNP - ironically, his fans who all hate Matt Hughes always said that about Hughes (now its ok)
    for real, but even lamer that Dana didnt make him since he said Dan would get the next shot.

as for Silva speaking english, Im sure he does speak english but prefers not to, alot of foreigners do that, they just use that to get out of talking to people or answering questions.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com