Thread: Strikeforce meeting with Barnett & Huerta

Default Strikeforce meeting with Barnett & Huerta

Although Barnett is an obvious roid risk, I don't think Dana would ever let him back into the UFC and I would like to see him fight Fedor. Fedor hasn't looked great in his last few fights, and Barnett is someone who can go hard for the distance.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...10438&zoneid=2
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Default Re: Strikeforce meeting with Barnett & Huerta

Wow! Thanks Claude. Huerta would fit in nice with a healthy Thomson, Melendez, Ribeiro, Noons, Evangelista, and now Aoki. I would love to see Thomson get a shot at him as he tries to climb back up for a rubber match.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Barnett's a three times busted cheater, so I don't particularly care.

Huerta's the same as Gomi, in my book, so I'm somewhat excited to see him fight, but not thinking of him as a real championship threat at the highest level.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17473/desp...l-november.mma

UFC has the right to match any contract huerta signs until november so it is unlikely that huerta will sign anywhere until then.

Huerta is still on upward progression in terms of his skills and he is still in his physical prime. Gomi seems to be regressing and is passing his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/17473/desp...l-november.mma

UFC has the right to match any contract huerta signs until november so it is unlikely that huerta will sign anywhere until then.

Huerta is still on upward progression in terms of his skills and he is still in his physical prime. Gomi seems to be regressing and is passing his prime.

But what does that mean? If Strikeforce offers him a good contract, the worse that can happen is he gets the money he wants only with the UFC. That would mean a better contract. Is that such a bad thing? But there is a good chance that Strikeforce will value him more, meaning UFC would waive matching anything. I think he will play the negotiating game. Bank on it $$$
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Maybe he is worried that ufc will put him on the undercard against bad match ups and make him sit on the side lines for long stretches. But yes i agree it would be best for him to play the game to get as much money as possible.

I wouldnt mind seeing Barnett fight Fedor granted he gets past his CSAC stuff.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com