Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Penn likely to face edgar at 112

Default Penn likely to face edgar at 112

I mentioned last week that i expected this fight to happen. Josh Gross is now reporting that it is the likely matchup.

The gameplan is clear for edgar, he has to outbox penn. The question will be can he handle penns power, up to this point no one else at 155 has. Even florian who didnt get dropped by the punches noticeably affected by each exchange.

Default Re: Penn likely to face edgar at 112

who is this Josh Gross? is he legitimate, as in no wrong information ever?
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

I think hes one of the main guys on Sherdog.

Gross previously worked for sherdog but now writes for sports illustrated. Outside of P-jersey i am not sure there is anyone who is never wrong but Gross may be the most reliable source within mma media.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Gross previously worked for sherdog but now writes for sports illustrated. Outside of P-jersey i am not sure there is anyone who is never wrong but Gross may be the most reliable source within mma media.
    MMA reporter is pretty reliable.

P-J, you have Penn winning this one?

Edgar is as worth as anyone right now. Even if he loses, he can fight all the other top guys at 155
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Yes, i do think penn wins this.

Edgar has a great resume, i would say if maynard beats diaz he is more deserving though. I do think that maynard would prefer to hold off on the title shot now so that he can further develop his skills, and i think that would be a smart idea. I think in 18 months maynard would be the man most likely to knock off penn.

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    MMA reporter is pretty reliable.

P-J, you have Penn winning this one?

Edgar is as worth as anyone right now. Even if he loses, he can fight all the other top guys at 155
    Word. Snakerattle too

I got Edgar winning this, I dont know why, I just do.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    Word. Snakerattle too

I got Edgar winning this, I dont know why, I just do.
    I'll go with PJ's pick, but I think Edgar matches up as well as anyone left at 155.

I guess Gray would have to take him down, I don't think he'd win that fight standing (Edgar has better standup imo)
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

BJ is going to hurt Frankie Edgar bad. I almost don't even want to see this go down. At least watching Diego Sanchez get throttled was somewhat entertaining given the gay photos floating around of him. It was almost like getting to see what his boyfriend must do to him prior to taking him from behind. Call it a sick mating ritual prior to penetration.
    Lets go Brent!