Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Thoughts on UFC 100

Default Re: Thoughts on UFC 100

I have to admit, I ate crow for believing that Alves could keep it on his feet long enough to exploit an advantage on his feet. Not only did he not have an advantage on his feet, he failed to connect a good strike for all 5 rounds. His striking was very sloppy. GSP looked to use his karate to keep a good distance while he was able to keep Alves honest.

PJ was correct that GSP's riddle is trying to strike while worrying about being taken down by him. Thats how he got 90 percent of his td's. GSP did get swept, however, there was little sense of urgency from the challenger.
    I really felt this young pup was hungry and would have had a better game plan. Again, I did not see a muay tai champion in the cage. I saw a tentative fighter who was more concerned with not being taken down the whole fight.

PJ, I offered a sig bet, and I will own up to it.

As for this GSP talk with going up to middleweight. I believe the answer lies in his own camp. If he is able to handle to Marquart, he is capable of competing with the Spider. But I believe he would be overpowered and overmatched by his teammate. Anybody who has any inside intel may be able to settle this.

Leglace let me see what i can come up with, dont worry it wont be anything bad.

Any word on when massenzio will fight again? Did he change camps and is he still with the ufc? Has he has his body cast removed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Leglace let me see what i can come up with, dont worry it wont be anything bad.

Any word on when massenzio will fight again? Did he change camps and is he still with the ufc? Has he has his body cast removed yet?
    ha ha, lol

He has his own club now. He still trains with Barry Porter.
    http://ironhorsemixedmartialarts.com/

Oh know isnt that where he was training with other former wrestlers? I was hoping he would make the leap to a big camp out west or at least go up and train with renzos team.

So any word on his next fight?

Oh know isnt that where he was training with other former wrestlers? I was hoping he would make the leap to a big camp out west or at least go up and train with renzos team.

So any word on his next fight?
    Yeah, I was a bit disappointed too. He did have surgery on his knee as well, and he was laid up for a little.

The only instructors he has listed on the site are him and another local fighter. I know he is trying to make a living with the gym, but he should look at his training as an investment. The better his training is the better he will do in fights and the more success his gym could have in the long run.

Plus a lot of guys who own gyms do their training at other locations and just have other instructors do the teaching for the general public. +

The only instructors he has listed on the site are him and another local fighter. I know he is trying to make a living with the gym, but he should look at his training as an investment. The better his training is the better he will do in fights and the more success his gym could have in the long run.

Plus a lot of guys who own gyms do their training at other locations and just have other instructors do the teaching for the general public. +
    I agree. I cringed when I heard he was opening his own gym. Keep in mind he also coaches high school (Paramus Catholic). I too wanted him to Renzo's group or even Ricardo Almeida's group. I do know he still trains with Edson Carvalho.

Tap!