Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cro Cop vs. Dos Santos main event ufc 103

Default Cro Cop vs. Dos Santos main event ufc 103

I guessed in another thread that cro cop could be the main event if he is brought back. Looks like he will fight dos santos. Dos Santos was originially scheduled to fight Justin Mccully at ufc 102 but was pulled from the card.

He is a good prospect and has the ko of werdum. Should be an interesting fight.

Default Re: Cro Cop vs. Dos Santos main event ufc 103

Did you guess it or was it rumored someone else first?

Its a good fight and I realize their options were limited, but wish Dos had more big fights before going into a main event.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Claudale you were on the thread that i guessed. I guess that cro cop could be brought back for this card but i predicted that it would be against kongo.

I read interviews with cro cop where he wanted to fight multiple times before the year was out and then i read that the ufc had made him an offer he could not refuse. Knowing that along with the lack of a main event and it seemed logical.

mmajunkie reported earlier today that dos santos got pulled from the 102 so i started a thread on sherdog wondering if dos santos would be moved to 103 possibly against cro cop or kongo. Then it was later confirmed by dos santos.

OK - just checking.

Cro Cop is worthy of a main card, especially now that the UFC decided to go after him. I didn't even know that he was officially signed.

Not a bad matchup if they had little to work with. I'd rather see him fight Dos Santos rather than Kongo or someone with bad standup who would have a hard time taking him down

After this though, he needs to fight top guys. The loser of the title fight would be good, a rematch with Nog would be great (unless Nog looks terrible again against Couture), Couture would be cool and Cain or Carwin would be cool.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

I thought I read that right before his last fight, CroCop had signed w/ some other organization and that Dana hated him now?
    "Now class, I'd like for you to transition from downward dog....straight to FULL BRING!!!"

I was certain they were going to set up Liddell vs Cro Cop since Liddell has only one fight left and he has always wanted to fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    I was certain they were going to set up Liddell vs Cro Cop since Liddell has only one fight left and he has always wanted to fight him.
    LOL - no way now.

I don't think he wanted to fight him that badly anyways. he'd likely be KOd.

that would be a good matchup though.

Leglace, do you have a copy of Edgar in the state finals (since he wrestled your cousin)? I just noticed today I have some of his match against Gallick (I also have his match against Tarquinio)

Yeah Frankie always got outslicked by Gallick. Tarquino was a big rival. I believe they were split over the years.
    Anyways, I do have the state finals of Frankie against my cousin. Thats the only final Frankie was in. I should have the Edgar vs Masa senior national match as well since we were in his corner.

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    LOL - no way now.

I don't think he wanted to fight him that badly anyways. he'd likely be KOd.

that would be a good matchup though.

Leglace, do you have a copy of Edgar in the state finals (since he wrestled your cousin)? I just noticed today I have some of his match against Gallick (I also have his match against Tarquinio)

BTW, I went to a Tampa RFC event a couple years ago. They asked Chuck, who was a guest, who the one guy he wanted to fight most. He said Mirko Cro Cop. The crowd went nuts.