Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Top Five Hyped TUF Matchups

Default Re: The Top Five Hyped TUF Matchups

We share the same line of thinking on this one. If Henderson wins it will be a close hard fought grind out fight. it wont be the beating that everyone is hoping for and expecting.

Dan has always taken a round off (or part of a round) if he thought he could still win by decision. Early in fights he throws lots of bombs, but too few connect - especially if Bisping is circling back trying to land jags and eek out a victory.

Hope Dan takes him down and beats on him.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    I would definitely put Koscheck vs Leben as number one.
    Me too. There is a difference between being the "best" fight, and being the most anticipated fight.

Uh, what about the hype surrounding the coaches fights? Ortiz-Shamrock, Pulver-Penn, and Hughes-Serra would certainly qualify for most hyped fights. The whole season was built around them.

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Dan has always taken a round off (or part of a round) if he thought he could still win by decision. Early in fights he throws lots of bombs, but too few connect - especially if Bisping is circling back trying to land jags and eek out a victory.

Hope Dan takes him down and beats on him.
    Agreed
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Quote Originally Posted by amlan74 View Post
    Uh, what about the hype surrounding the coaches fights? Ortiz-Shamrock, Pulver-Penn, and Hughes-Serra would certainly qualify for most hyped fights. The whole season was built around them.
    Seemed clear that the topic was on actual participants on the show not the coaches. I think every season but 2 or 3 had the coaches fighting at the end, so generally the season is built around the coaches fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Seemed clear that the topic was on actual participants on the show not the coaches. I think every season but 2 or 3 had the coaches fighting at the end, so generally the season is built around the coaches fighting.
    I disagree, Nothing in the original post would indicate that the discussion only included Participant fights, not coaches. These fights are certainly relavent to the history of TUF.

Their were, in fact, two seasons (2 and 4) where the coaches didn't fight at the end, but even though the other 7 have been built around the coaches fighting at the end, the others didn't build up the same heat that seasons 3, 5, and 6 did.

Couture-Lidell were set to rematch at the end of the season, but no bad blood or really even hype surrounded them on the show.

Nog-Mir built some heat, but I never really felt bad blood boiling between them.

Griffin-Jackson really tried to build like they had bad blood, but you could tell they were just trying to add spice.

On the other hand, Hughes-Serra had bad blood that started on TUF 4, and continued into their stint as opposing coaches.

Pulver-Penn had huge bad blood, and several memorable moments involving their rivalry. The most memorable ones being the team selection dilema, and the heated coaches challenge. That was the most intense ping-pong game in history.

Finally, Ortiz-Shamrock should go without saying. Ortiz coached his team, Shamrock followed each loss with more hype about the upcoming fight, even trying to pick fights with Tito after a couple, under the guise of Tito supposedly having done something to him.

The most blatant indicator would be that it listed only fights between participants.