For this article, I'm going to switch it up a little and preview some matchups throughout different organizations. Fighters from the UFC, Strikeforce, WEC, and Dream will be featured in this article. This will feature bouts that I see as significant in their respected divisions.

First up UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida

Sean Sherk vs. Frankie Edgar - If Sherk wins this contest then he will more then likely face Diego Sanchez as I believe Sanchez beats Guida in his next fight. Both Sherk and Edgar have strong wrestling and solid standup.

Sherk will no doubt have the size advantage and will probably deploy the same gameplan that Gray Maynard used successfully against Edgar. Sherk by Dec.

Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida - "Sugar" against "The Dragon" on paper that sounds terrible! Both fighters are counter strikers which may lead to a boring contest. However, I believe that Rashadwill end up chasing Machida and end up on the mat. Machida has very good takedowns from the clinch as we seen when he dumped Tito Ortiz on his head.

Rashad fights traditional stance with Machida squaring off southpaw. Rashad will have the better power and wrestling while Machida possesses strong jiu-jitsu and very solid striking. Machida by Sub.

Dream 9

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller - This bout will be for the Dream Middleweight championship. Jacare and Mayhem have fought previously with Jacare grinding our the Decision victory.

Jacare no doubt has the edge in grappling while Mayhem may have the more well rounded game. The winner of this bout should crack the Top 10 in the Middleweight division. Jacare by Sub.

Strikeforce: Lawler vs. Shields

Robbie Lawler vs. Jake Shields - Strikeforce is loving their catch weight fights right now as this is the second one of the same card. A top 10 Middleweight in Lawler vs. a top 10 Welterweight in Shields.

Lawler's standup power should play the difference in this bout as Shields hasn't fought anyone as big and explosive as Lawler is. Shields has the edge on the ground but getting Lawler there is a big task. Lawler by TKO

Nick Diazvs. Scott Smith - Diaz moves up again to face a tough Middleweight contender in Smith. This will be another catch weight fight as Diaz moves up to 179lbs for the second straight fight. Diaz has the huge edge in Jiu-Jitsu and Smith will have the huge edge in power.

Diaz is more technical than Smith and Smith will more then likely end up of the receiving end of a Diaz takedown and submission.

WEC 41: Brown vs. Faber II

Mike Brown(Champ) vs. Urijah Faber - Current Champ Mike Brown will make his second title defense after coming off a impressive win over Leonard Garcia as he steps in to face former Champion Urijah Faber. Brown stunned the world by KO'ing Faber in their first bout.

Both fighters are extremely well rounded and this one is hard to call. Brown probably has the edge in power but everything else seems pretty even. Brown by TKO

UFC 99: Silva vs. Franklin

Marcus Davis vs. Dan Hardy - Wow, haven't heard trash talk between two fighters this much since Ali and Frazier. Both fighters have a solid game with Davis having the edge in power and technique in striking.

Hardy moved to California to work with Freddie Roach for this bout. Ground games are probably close to being even so the question will be does Hardy overcommit with his overconfidence in his new boxing skills under Roach?

I say yes, and Davis counterpunchs his way to another KO victory. With a win both fighters will move their way into top matchup. Davis by KO

Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva - Former Middlweight Champion Rich "Ace" Franklin takes on Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva at 195 lbs. Catch weights don't happen a lot in the UFC but both fighters are in a rut and Franklin wants to make a permanent move to 205 while Silva wants to drop to 185lbs, so this matchup let's both test the waters of cutting and gaining weight.

Franklin hasn't done well against Brazilian strikers, as he has been KO'd by Anderson Silva (2x) and Lyoto Machida (1x).

On paper this bout looks bad for Franklin in that aspect. However, Wanderlei has fallen on tough times but he just changed his striking coach and moved most of his training to his own gym.

Silva also has brought in a lot of tough fighters to mimic the old Chute Boxe style. I'd give the advantage to Silva in this matchup but Franklin is tough as nails and is a legend in this sport. Silva by KO

I'll start another matchup preview as UFC 100 nears and I'll do a special on UFC 100 by itself since it's a historic event.