Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223

Thread: The pressures of performance enhancing drugs in the world of mma.

Default Re: The pressures of performance enhancing drugs in the world of mma.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Up to this point gsp has never failed a test but with the hate he gets you woudl think he has failed tests as many others have.

I think a lot of the hate stems from him being a french canadien, beating some of peoples favorite fighters, and out wrestling wrestlers.

Alves on the other hand has already failed a drug test for a known masking agent. Also his size has increased dramatically. His size and strength are now his two biggest advantages, as prior to his drastic size increase he was getting crushed by light weights.

Amen to that... in this day and age, any athlete is open to suspicion for doping, but I'm not sure how GSP is more likely to have taken drugs than anyone else.

I dont hate on GSP but the gyno is a dead giveaway. homey is gonna look like Jorge Gurgel in about 5 yrs.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

PJ - no one is thinking that Alves is clean.

You commented that everyone in MMA is guilty (or nearly everyone) - so please don't stick up for GSP if you are very sure he too is guilty of juicing. Besides the gyno, people have talked about back acne at times as a giveaway.

He has way more fans than critics and they may like him for the reasons you say a few people don't like him. I was at the weigh ins when he fight Koscheck. That was in the US and nearly the whole place booed Koscheck while GSP by far got the loudest applause (louder than Couture).

Finally, he came out of no where, not an AA or from a discipline that is known to transition well into mma. I think he really didn't start training in a fight discipline that involved competitions until he was 15 or 16. That's different than someone like Hughes who had farmer strength, was a state champ and AA, Koscheck, Sherk and Couture who started wrestling before kindergarten
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Claudale outside of guys who have failed drug tests this thread has been based on speculation. In my opinion i think many of the top fighters are probably using something. The difference is i dont just diminish a specific fighters accomplishments because i think he may do something. Alves has failed a drug test and was suspended, gsp has passed every test. If i had to bet i would say gsp is probably on something but that being said he has not failed anything and i still admire many of his qualities and i also said earlier in the thread drugs or not gsp is the best.

Again im not talking about gsps overall popularity, as i specifically stated i am talking about on wrestling message boards. You always seem to argue a different point than what i am arguing.

GSP has been training with some top Canadian wrestlers for about 8 years, is a bjj black belt, a black belt in karate, and is probably the best athlete in mma so it does not surprise me that he has succeeded. He also was successful from the very beginning beating some of the top guys in impressive fashion.

Just to expand a bit, I think alves success is a product of steroids as his strength and size now make him hard to takedown and control and his striking is more powerful. Prior to him becoming huge he was getting submitted to guys like derrick noble and spencer fisher and getting dominated by jon fitch.

I think gsps was already great or would be great regardless and if he did drugs the benefits would be in helping with recovery time so that he could train longer and harder. Doesnt make it right just pointing out what i think. Kind of similar to baseball where sammy sosa was an average player before juicing and then was a home run machine, where as barry bonds was an amazing baseball player even before using anything.

It seems at times people on here have kind of insinuated that the reason he is the best is because of the drugs, and i just dont agree with that and i think that line of thinking stems from the reasons i suggested.

I have been reading some other posts and there seems to be a redundant training facility name that is linked to fail drug test or possible users. ATT seems to have many that are in the shadows of athletic commisions and have several athletes that are serving suspentions.
    I guess my question is: "Do some training places seem to have more wide spread drug use or do they just have more athletes in the lime light?"

I heard tonight that GSP is weighing 207 pounds. Anyone else see him or hear this outrageous numbers? I'm told it's mostly muscle. I know he cut out McDonalds, but would simply cutting out McDonalds allow someone to put on that much muscle weight in just a few months?
    Lets go Brent!

Lets go Brent!