Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UFC Adding Two More to the Hall of Fame

Default Re: UFC Adding Two More to the Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Thanks. I'm not even saying Dana was in the wrong to insist he retire, but I'm saying he should have said that in private to Chuck and not in public. Especially not right after a loss when Chuck is upset and doesn't need Dana reading what is essentially a concession speech.

Plus, you can't cut someone and stop someone else from signing them. Guys like Chuck and Tito aren't #1 anymore, but they are household names.
    I also think Chuck should hang it up, I just dont like the way Dana handled. I know chuck is his friend and Im sure he actually thinks chuck should retire adn doesnt want to see him hurt his legacy but that doesnt change that the manner in which he did it was disrespectful.

Liddell and Hughes have the resumes to warrant induction into the hall of fame. Unless the criteria encompasses something totally different than championships, main events, and title defenses, I don't see how Tanner is in the discussion. He was one of my favorite fighters though and I think he achieved a great deal, just not the hall of fame.
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Liddell and Hughes have the resumes to warrant induction into the hall of fame. Unless the criteria encompasses something totally different than championships, main events, and title defenses, I don't see how Tanner is in the discussion. He was one of my favorite fighters though and I think he achieved a great deal, just not the hall of fame.
    He was champ and fought in 3 title fights. I think he can go either way, but if you let him in, you need about 40 guys in that hall of fame.

I don't think they can keep people like Frank Shamrock out if they want it to seem legit. Everyone knows he doesn't get along with Dana and wouldn't return to the UFC for the pay the UFC was offereing when Dana was trying to build the UFC up. But that shouldn't be a factor in a legit sport.

Even Barnett, although he tested positive for roids, Gracie and Ken since have too.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    I also think Chuck should hang it up, I just dont like the way Dana handled. I know chuck is his friend and Im sure he actually thinks chuck should retire adn doesnt want to see him hurt his legacy but that doesnt change that the manner in which he did it was disrespectful.
    I think Chuck can beat almost anyone who lacks a really strong KO punch. He hits hard and is hard to take down. Of course, its not good to handpick your opponents either.

Dana has the right to tell him to hang it up, but announcing it for him after he is sulking from a loss is bad and you can't control people - if you cut him and he still wants to fight, Affliction, Strikeforce or Dream will sign him.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/1/p...d-advice-17413

It seems pretty much outside of dana and vak agree that it is chucks decision on whether to retire of keep fighting.

Dana needs to understand that his only say in the matter should be whether to let chuck continue to fight in the ufc or not.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    http://sherdog.com/news/articles/1/p...d-advice-17413

It seems pretty much outside of dana and vak agree that it is chucks decision on whether to retire of keep fighting.

Dana needs to understand that his only say in the matter should be whether to let chuck continue to fight in the ufc or not.

and Adolf.

I think Randy's comments were nice, especially considering he clearly built up resentment toward chuck (the finger in the eye, fence grabbing and how Chuck was so confident he'd get a 2nd strait KO).

Chuck's fought so many high level guys recently that he could fight a non contender and no one would give him slack about it.