Discuss UFC 157 Salaries: Dan Henderson and Lyoto Machida Lead the Way at the MMA Breaking News within the Wrestling Talk Forums; UFC 157 took place on Saturday, February 23 from the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA. ...
UFC 157 Salaries: Dan Henderson and Lyoto Machida Lead the Way
UFC 157 took place on Saturday, February 23 from the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA. The event featured a first for the promotion, as Ronda Rousey put her UFC women’s bantamweight title on the line against Liz Carmouche in the first-ever women’s mixed martial arts contest in the UFC.
Leading up to the fight, Rousey had never been out of the first round as a professional fighter. That streak remained intact, as she successfully defended her title by stopping Carmouche at the 4:49 mark of the first round, giving Carmouche some satisfaction in that she had lasted longer than any of Rousey’s other opponents.
The fight did end in the same manner as Rousey’s previous bouts, with the Olympic bronze medalist in Judo slapping on an armbar and forcing the tap from Carmouche.
Leading into the evening’s co-main event, Dan Henderson and Lyoto Machida were fighting for a chance at the No. 1 contender spot in the light heavyweight division. For those who thought that fact was going to lead to an all-out-brawl, there was a crushing sense of disappointment at the end of the bout.
Machida, long known as one of the most patient and elusive fighters in the UFC, used that very style to negate any attack from Henderson and his patented “H Bomb” of a right hand. The win put Machida at the top of the light heavyweight pecking order, possibly awaiting a shot at the winner of Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen.
In a somewhat surprising result, Robbie Lawler came back from a long time away from the UFC and earned a first-round TKO victory over Josh Koscheck.
For all of the 24 fighters who competed on the card, below are the full salaries provided to B/R MMA from the California State Athletic Commission:
- Ronda Rousey: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus) defeated Liz Carmouche: $12,000
- Lyoto Machida: $200,000 (no win bonus) defeated Dan Henderson: $250,000
- Urijah Faber: $100,000 (includes $50,000 win bonus) defeated Ivan Menjivar: $17,000
- Court McGee: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) defeated Josh Neer: $16,000
- Robbie Lawler: $105,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) defeated Josh Koscheck: $78,000
- Brendan Schaub: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus) defeated Lavar Johnson: $29,000
- Mike Chiesa: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus) defeated Anton Kuivanen: $8,000
- Dennis Bermudez: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) defeated Matt Grice: $8,000
- Sam Stout: $52,000 (includes $26,000 win bonus) defeated Caros Fodor: $15,000
- Kenny Robertson: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) defeated Brock Jardine: $8,000
- Neil Magny: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) defeated Jon Manley: $8,000
- Nah-Shon Burrell: $12,500 (includes $7,000 win bonus) defeated Yuri Villefort: $6,550*
*Burrell was overweight and forfeited a portion of his purse to Villefort.
Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!