Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White ended months of speculation on Tuesday when he said, “The coaches for the next season of The Ultimate Fighter will be Brock Lesnar and Junior Dos Santos.”

White also stated, that all the rumors surrounding Lesnar and his desire to leave the UFC and make an appearance at WrestleMania were unfounded. “None of that was true,” White proclaimed. “I was in communication with Brock and his team, and talking to them the whole time.”

It seems that the torn rotator cuff that UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez suffered when he defeated Lesnar for the title in October of last year made this coaching matchup possible.

“We were sitting there working on this thing for such a long time, and at the press conferences everybody kept asking me, I said, ‘I’m behind the eight ball, I should have this done already,’ but so many things happened,” White said. “The injury to the champ, Cain Velasquez, and now we’re looking at Junior Dos Santos who’s been waiting on this title shot and having to sit out. It made all the sense in the world once we knew how long Cain was going to be out.”

When asked if it was tough to get Lesnar, who has stated that he dislikes being away from home for prolonged periods of time, to commit to the coaching gig, White responded, “Yeah it was. I’m already prepared for this mentally, and it’s going to be a tough season, I know it is. I deal with Brock in very short spurts. The guy fights two or three times a year, it’s always tough, so it’s going to be a very interesting six weeks of filming.”

Many pundits have speculated that Lesnar, being relatively new to mixed martial arts, is not the best fit as a coach.

White strongly disagreed when asked if it was a good idea to have a “green” fighter as a coach, “Guy’s a former world champion. No matter what his record is, what the guy has accomplished in a short amount of time that he’s been in MMA is incredible. He’s obviously got a lot that he can teach. To say that the guy doesn’t have the credentials to coach The Ultimate Fighter, is probably one of the dumbest things I ever heard.”

Filming for the show will begin in approximately two weeks and the shows will begin airing on March 30th on Spike TV.

White said that the fight between the coaches would be “definitely 100 percent be in June.” The June pay-per-view event is rumoured to be UFC 131, taking place at the Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia.

The winner of the fight will get the next shot at Cain Velasquez and his UFC heavyweight title.