During the Tyson Griffin vs. Nick Lentz fight at UFC 123, Joe Rogan referred to a kick thrown in that fight as a "question mark kick."

This reference seemed to get under the skin of Fighters Only writer Tomas Rios who fired a missive on twitter that read, "Joe Rogan calling a Brazilian kick the "question mark kick" during Griffin/Lentz is pantheon level cluelessness."

Rogan fired back, posting on the "Underground" MMA forum, "He's a dumb c**t. That's exactly what it's called. Before it was ever the Brazilian kick it was also called a "fake front kick roundhouse kick."

K-1 announcer Michael Schiavello then added, "It got called 'The Brazilian Kick' because Francisco Filho would throw it to great effect and then other Brazilians like Feitosa would use it similarly... so the Japanese mostly dubbed it the Brazilian Kick as a catchy gimmick because the Brazilians (started with Filho) made it their kickboxing specialty. Before that it was called, commonly, a question mark kick because the foot paints an invisible question mark in the air as it travels."

Rogan did not seem content to let things rest and this is where things could get interesting. His next post read, "Rios no longer writes for Fighters Only magazine. I got him fired. First time I've ever done this to a so called mma journalist, but I've had more than enough of these f**king zeros clogging up the sport with their incompetent bullsh*t. You wanted my attention, f**got? You got it."

While I understand that Rogan has the freedom to say what he wants, his employer, in this case the UFC, also has the freedom to discipline him for his words if they have a negative effect on them or their product. The first amendment does not protect you from repercussions from your employer, only from the government.

With the comment Rogan may have stepped in "it." Rios, as much as Rogan and many others may dislike him, is still a journalist and as such he can give this story a lot of press that makes Rogan out to be the bad guy.

It appears that this has already begun, as Rios wrote, "My comments were aimed exclusively at Rogan's commentary. He has responded with homophobic language which I consider unfortunate at best. There are many LGBTQ fans of MMA who are forced to deal with this sort of language in their daily lives. If I regret anything about what I said, it's that it made him feel the need to use the language that he did."

For his part, Rogan did apologize, but when he ended his apology with the following, well, I don't know how sincere it was, "As for my use of the offensive word "f**got" please accept my apologies and replace it with "c**k-sucker."

Will this be the first round of a long battle between Rios and Rogan or will Rogan lose the fight by knockout early on?

In these politically correct times people have been let go for saying far less.