Thread: cutting weight and need some advice

Default cutting weight and need some advice

Hey everyone,

I have a bit of a problem at the moment, i have a tournament on in 9 days and im trying to make weight under 60kg (132 pounds) this morning i woke up at 66.1. i have a little bit of fat i can lose aswell im just wondering if anyone has cut this much in a week or not? not sure what to do.

any help is much appreciated

Default Re: cutting weight and need some advice

12 pounds in 9 days is pretty big, especially if you are already in shape. Just watch what you eat and get in at least 2 workouts a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, and one in the evening if you want.

But if you can't make it just go up a weight. I know a kid who wrestled 135 during the season and was trying to make 130 for Fargo (Dustin Schlatter was at 135). He couldn't make the last 2 pounds so he went to 140 and got 3rd in the nation.

If you start eating right and lifting you can go 66 (or is there a 63kg class for the tournament). It may not pay off immediately but in the end it will most likely be worth it.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Default Re: cutting weight and need some advice

Quote Originally Posted by ISU2008 View Post
    12 pounds in 9 days is pretty big, especially if you are already in shape. Just watch what you eat and get in at least 2 workouts a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, and one in the evening if you want.

But if you can't make it just go up a weight. I know a kid who wrestled 135 during the season and was trying to make 130 for Fargo (Dustin Schlatter was at 135). He couldn't make the last 2 pounds so he went to 140 and got 3rd in the nation.

If you start eating right and lifting you can go 66 (or is there a 63kg class for the tournament). It may not pay off immediately but in the end it will most likely be worth it.
    Im not in the best shape simply because i had an injury to my medial ligament, and i only started back at training about a week ago. unfortunatley there is no 63kg class. and the 66kg class is stacked for this tournament but the 60kg's not so much so i was hoping to get down