Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check out this web-site (CowboyWrestling.com)

Default Re: Check out this web-site

Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    Arkansas has 12 outdoor and 19 indoor men's titles.

I'll agree, it's a pretty slick lookin' site. Way better looking than the athletic department site.
    I think the Razorbacks also count their Cross Country titles when they make their claim - reinforcing Stardust's point about defining dynasties.

I don't know why so many schools use that cruddy CSTV template for their websites - especially when we all know someone who can do better.

Default Re: Check out this web-site

Quote Originally Posted by gg121and2 View Post
    I don't know why so many schools use that cruddy CSTV template for their websites - especially when we all know someone who can do better.
    Jim,

I think it's for the same reason some companies use pre-packaged, off-the-shelf, one-size-fits-all marketing/advertising solutions, rather than consulting with a professional such as yourself (or me) to have something custom-created to meet their specific needs...

It's quick and easy... and maybe cheaper.

But, ultimately, it's not as good... for the organization cutting corners, or for the intended customer.

The best websites in amateur wrestling -- whether they are for a HS or college program, a club or an individual wrestler -- reflect their uniqueness in terms of style... the information presented... and multimedia (photos, videos, audio). As someone interested in the history of the sport, I especially appreciate programs that celebrate their heritage by acknowledging past greats. Sadly, many of the programs with great legacies fail to do that in their websites and media guides.

Mark