http://www.intermatwrestle.com/news/...y.aspx?ID=7201

Chapman Resigns Post as Gable Museum Director

DATE: 5/1/2008 4:47:00 PM
By Kyle Klingman
Dan Gable International Wrestling Institute and Museum

After 11 years as executive director, Mike Chapman has resigned from the Dan Gable International Wrestling Institute and Museum, effective June 30.

A prolific writer and veteran of 35 years in the newspaper business, Chapman founded the museum in 1997, when he was publisher of the Newton Daily News newspaper in Newton, Iowa. The museum was located in Newton until moving to Waterloo in January of 2007.

The museum is a not-for-profit business designed to preserve the history of the sport in a manner that both educates and entertains visitors, and inspires young people to dream big and work hard. It sponsors numerous events throughout the year, including the Glen Brand Wrestling Hall of Fame of Iowa event on April19, which drew over 400 people to the museum.

?It?s been a stimulating 11 years, with the ups and downs one would expect from such a huge undertaking,? said Chapman. ?I feel comfortable leaving the museum now that it has such a solid foundation for growth and success.?

?I have three new books on which I am working, and two screenplays in Hollywood that take up a lot of my attention. I enjoyed the time I was able to spend back in Waterloo, which is my hometown, but I want to focus now on my writing career. "

The museum, run by a four-person staff and a board of directors, occupies a 16,000-square foot facility at 303 Jefferson Street in the heart of Waterloo...
(To read the rest of the story, click on the above link)