Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Asics wrestling shoes

Redshirt

Default Re: Asics wrestling shoes

I agree with you, the original threadbearer
    Asics shoes are turning into pure shit. the quality is awful. Fuck, remember those Fuertes they had 2 years ago? Jesus Chirst. Horrible, ugly, plastic, glued, not sewn anywhere. That was the shoe that ruined their credability.

We are Adidas people, I think the new Adidas line is chit as well. Anyone else seen the Beijing Adistars? They are trash. The Vapor Speeds and new Tyrint 47s or whatever number they're on look like junk too.

Redshirt

yeah wrestling shoes have turned into ugly, trashy garbage. they look like tin foil with color added. The adistars are just weird looking. But the asics ultraflex. my god, those are the ugliest pieces of shit I have evr seen. They are all glued up with these little gay ass stars everywhere. they look like tinkerbell boots.

Not Asics..but ran across these things?? I'm sure Gage will be hitting me up for a pair.

http://www.wwsport.com/Wrestling-Blog.aspx?entryid=126

So does anyone know if either the Dan Gable Ultraflex old schools or the Dave Shultz Ultraflex are still available anywhere? These things are amazing and I'd be willing to pay for a couple pairs of size 8-8.5 if I had to. Please feel free to email me if you have pics or have some, dreyrose on gmail. Even a good shape used pair. I have to agree, once you wear them, you really wear them till they fall apart.
    I have to disagree with the durability, my last pair lasted over 10 years, but my previous pairs lasted about a year with me wearing them inside and outside in water, snow, the rain, mud, etc.

BTW, still sporting my Black & Silvers but I'd take the Black and Gold, the Red and Silver, I'd even wear the Blue and Silver just to have more of these shoes. Hell I'd even give you my phone number to expedite the process.

So, on a funny note, I put my old singlet on from when I wrestled at 125 for the Marines in Iwakuni, like 18 years ago. (I'm a sloppy 170 now.) You want to talk about 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag! My wife and kids had the best of time trying to get a picture of me in that. Then we talked about the shoes and I explained to them about what makes them so special! I wear a size 10 regular shoe but by going down to the 8 - 8.5 they just feel insane, I then don't tie the laces either cause they fit that good they never fall off!

Please, please, please someone help me acquire a pair!!
    Last edited by DReyRose; 02-06-2009 at 02:11 PM.

I have a pair of the newer split second 7s in silver and black. I also have a pair of black original Asics Lyte Flex's. Finally I have a pair of the rare black and yellow Asics 54's. They are by far the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn.

Anybody have a pair of asics pursuits, don't care the colour, aroudn size 9, that they would be interested in selling, as long as they were in good condition and not blown out. I have been looking everywhere for another pair, since the ones Im using right now are finally starting to wear down.

chin to win 47

Women Re: Asics wrestling shoes

i am get a pair of dan gable ultra flexs size 8

i think im getting some gable ultraflex 8.5