Thread: More Wrestling in SI

Default More Wrestling in SI

Okay, it's really an ad for the Army, but it's a full page bio and photo of Dremiel Byers on page 18 (not numbered - right after the Letters) of the Nov. 19th issue of Sports Illustrated. Good PR for our sport.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Default Re: More Wrestling in SI

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Okay, it's really an ad for the Army, but it's a full page bio and photo of Dremiel Byers on page 18 (not numbered - right after the Letters) of the Nov. 19th issue of Sports Illustrated. Good PR for our sport.
    Thanks for the heads up, Jack.

Many many moons ago, Old Spice had a "HS athlete of the month" campaign in SI. Two of the guys featured were names some of you might recognize: Sean Hage, and Damion Hahn... back when Hahn was "the greatest New Jersey wrestler of the 20th century" according to the Newark Star-Ledger.

I still find it hard to forgive SI for not featuring Cael on the cover back in 2002. SI's "no wrestlers on the cover" streak goes back a half-century (!) to Dan Hodge on the April 1, 1957 issue. (No April foolin'.) That's shameful.

I guess I should look at the glass as being half-full and rejoice whenever SI finds its way to the wrestling mat.

Mark

Default Re: More Wrestling in SI

I do remember that they have a mock cover of him in the letters to the editor section few issues later in response to all the mail they got complaining about Cael not beig on the cover.