Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes Combat Speeds so Special?

Redshirt

Default What makes Combat Speeds so Special?

I'm about to buy some and im just curious? What makes these shoes so amazing? do they have great traction? durability? light? what?

Default Re: What makes Combat Speeds so Special?

I take it you're buying them off of Ebay? Plan on spending at least $150 if you're buying shoes that are in good condition.

The reason I like them personally, is because they're so light weight. It really feels like you're wearing a pair of slippers out on the mat. A good pair should last you about 2 years. From 6th grade thru college this was my shoe of choice. I tried the AdiStar for about a week in hs and had to return them. IMO no shoes comes close to the Combat Speed, I still can't imagine why they ever discontinued them..

Redshirt

yea im paying 200 for them.....why didnt you like the adistars? iv heard good things about them too.

They weigh about double what the original combat speeds weigh & aren't as flexible.

Exactly what Schlottke said.. I was used to wearing shoes that weighed next to nothing, then I tried the Adistar and they felt like I was wearing boots in comparison.

Redshirt

is that it? theyr light? i mean i have some other shoes that are super light already.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke3777 View Post
    is that it? theyr light? i mean i have some other shoes that are super light already.
    All I'm sayin is since I've been wearing those shoes I haven't felt comfortable in any others. Not trying to sell you, just my personal preference.

Redshirt

anyone else have some help?

Honestly there isnt much more than whats been said, but if you can get a pair, do it I think you'll be pleased.

I had a pair that got away from me and I regret it.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com