Thread: Heavyweight Help

Default Heavyweight Help

Hi I would like to start off by saying hi to everyone on this forum since i am a new member. I have been told alot of experainced wrestler are on this forum willing to help and I am really happy becuase I need help concerning my body.

I currently wrestle heavyweight in Canada which is freestyle all year round and I compete at the 120 kg category. I am 16.5 years old and I weight about 220-225 pounds and I am 6 foot 2 inches.. My body fat percentage is around 15-18% which my coach said it is normal becuase im still growing . I am diong very well in tournaments only becuase I know way more teqnique then my oppenets who usaully play football and wrestle during the season unlike me becuase I wrestle the whole year around since grade 5.

Now to the question. I am concerned about my body becuase I have been watching other heavyweights in college and internatioal and they are huge. Large chest, large legs and arms with big necks and overall huge body frame. I am afraid i wont be able to complete with such big people since i will be wrestling them in about 2 years time when i graduate from High school. I have started to weight lift and eat alot but I havent been seeing huge improvments in size although i feel much stronger but look the same expect I have a bigger gut prolly from the milk and eggs i have every morning. My diet consist of lots of milk(litttle less than a gallon) and a prottein shake in the morning wiht 4 eggs some times all white and sometimes with the yoke and a protein bar at lunch and a another shake before bed. In between ill usaully have some sort of meat but on somedays i wont have meat and eat tradidtional lentil suop with bread and i eat alot of almonds. Many people say i have lots of time to grow and i will eventaully fill out but i dont know how much u grow after 16.

Can i have some advice of what past haevyweights have done to be so big and how they have become so strong with out a gut like mine lol.

Thanxz in advance

Default Re: Heavyweight Help

Can anyone please help with nutrition,diet, working out, excerises, food ,habits anything basically to get me bigger and stronger for wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by can-wrestler View Post
    Can anyone please help with nutrition,diet, working out, excerises, food ,habits anything basically to get me bigger and stronger for wrestling.
    You have plenty of time to grow, i know i hit a growth spurt at 19 grew 2in and put on 15 lbs of muscle that year. Just keep working hard like it sounds you all ready are. keep lifting hard, squats, dead lifts, lots of power lifts. Keep up the protein shakes and good diet and you will see gains. Just remember you will hit stalling points where you just have to keep working hard and the next gain in strength, size will come. good luck!

thnxz for the Info . How does this look like for my lifting routine ,

monday-back sqt--------------Bech P.-------------------Cleans

Tuesday-Biceps

Wednesday- Front sqt.--------DB bench P.---------------Dead L.

Thursday- Triceps

Friday- back sqt-----------military p------------------cleans

saturday-sunday: no weights
    Last edited by can-wrestler; 02-01-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: error

hey what province do you wrestle in i wrestle heavyweght 2.

Quote Originally Posted by can-wrestler View Post
    thnxz for the Info . How does this look like for my lifting routine ,

monday-back sqt--------------Bech P.-------------------Cleans

Tuesday-Biceps

Wednesday- Front sqt.--------DB bench P.---------------Dead L.

Thursday- Triceps

Friday- back sqt-----------military p------------------cleans

saturday-sunday: no weights
    Looks good, don't forget to do some abs, they are a core muscle group that you use more then you would think. Even if you can't see that six pack i wish i still had, they are still there and need to be worked. Weekend rest is a good idea and will help you recover and get more gains.

thankz alot man I like this lifting program lol
    Last edited by sahota19; 02-02-2009 at 11:18 PM.