Thread: Dan Gable vs John Smith-Dream Match Of The Century

Hybrid View

Default Dan Gable vs John Smith-Dream Match Of The Century

Both wrestlers have won Olympic Gold Status, and have both have World Championships. Both wrestlers competed for Division 1 powerhouse programs, and won NCAA Titles. Gable won Two NCAA Championships and Smith also won two. This is a match of Gable's "old school" slow and agressive style vs Smith's fast moving and techniqual style. Tell me who you guys think would win?
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable

Default Re: Dan Gable vs John Smith-Dream Match Of The Century

If it was only one match, I'd say Smith. If it were the best of 3 I'd say Gable. I say that because I really don't think anyone is good enough to fool Gable consistantly. He will find a way to win.

Default Re: Dan Gable vs John Smith-Dream Match Of The Century

Well, according to Randy Lewis, Gable was always able to trounce him fairly convincingly, even during Randy's prime as an international wrestler, with Gable in his 40's. Lewis and Smith always wrestled pretty close matches. Although I hate using the transitive property to predict matches, it is enough in this case to sway me toward Gable.

I would like to also see Tom Brands in his prime (1996 Olympics) vs Smith. Have to think that one would be competitive as well as Brands was dominant in that Olympics.