View Poll Results: What's your favorite pinning move?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nelsons (e.g. half nelsons, quarter nelsons)

21 31.34%
  • Cradles

13 19.40%
  • Headlocks (head and arm)

6 8.96%
  • Arm bars

14 20.90%
  • Guillotines

7 10.45%
  • Scissors (e.g. figure-4 head scissors, straight body scissors)

1 1.49%
  • Moves that stack opponent on his pinning area

3 4.48%
  • Moves that split opponent's legs (e.g. banana splits, spladles)

6 8.96%
  • Moves involving leg rides (e.g. Jacob's rides, turks, grapevines)

10 14.93%
  • Other (please describe)

6 8.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite pin?

Default Re: Favorite pin?

My favorite to execute or watch is any toss from the feet. The most used pinning combo I used was the arm-bar or a half, or some "funky" thing catching them rolling across their back. My favorite pin in my career came as I was getting my butt kicked by a now Wisconsin coach. After building up a 5-1 lead he tried to pull me back into a tilt from ref's position (like Perry did to Hendricks). I was able to stop the momentum and trap him on his own back for the defensive fall. He actually thought he got the fall on me but when the ref told him what happened and he looked at his coach who was standing matside with his arms outstretched like to say, "what the hell was that?" he was literally jumping up and down on the mat. I slinked and slithered back to my team and rarely ever talked about it.

NCAA Champ

Half Nelson. Running it deep and using my chin into the breastplate HARD and squeezing the desire out of them, felt great...

The one I use the most would have to be the spiral.

Half nelsons from previous experience. This year I'm looking into using cradles and arm bars more often. And I'll look into leg rides.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

Armbar with a half is a grinder evan if you don't get it your opponent is stressed.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleGrapevine View Post
    What's your favorite pinning move? Interested in hearing any responses. Feel free to explain your choices below; for the "other" option, feel free to describe the move. I've tried to make the poll options as general as possible to allow for some latitude, so you could be more specific below. For people who wrestled in the past, have you ever gotten falls with moves that are now illegal (e.g. a pin with a headlock without an arm encircled)?
    my favorite pin is a jackhammer (type of cradle) from the surf series . and the short stack.

As far as holds no longer legal - there were two that I really liked - the keylock was a pressure hold against the shoulder. You couldn't actually force both shoulders to the mat with it, but it created so much pressure the opponent would pin himself to get out of it. The second was the Navy Cross - With a one-on-one, tight waist and lock on your own wrist or forearm. Then circle around the head on the one-on-one side. The opponent either comes over onto his shoulders or you crack his ribs.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

I chose "other," because you can't beat the immediate excitement of a great lateral drop!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I chose "other," because you can't beat the immediate excitement of a great lateral drop!
    Good point! There is nothing quite like "feet to back" to create excitement - and I love the "OOOOOOoooooooo" when there is a good "thump!" at the end of the move.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.