Discuss Starting wrestling after high school? at the Miscellaneous Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; I've been very interested in learning how to wrestle, however I just turned 20 and ...
    Redshirt

Default Starting wrestling after high school?

I've been very interested in learning how to wrestle, however I just turned 20 and I didn't wrestle in high school. Does anyone have ideas for finding a wrestling club in my area? It seems like every club I've found so far is just for those high school age and below.

I figure wrestling is such a big sport there must be clubs for those of all ages, I just haven't been able to find them so far. I live near downtown San Diego and I'd be willing to travel about 30-45 minutes. Does anyone have ideas of where to look, or at my age is it unlikely I'll find anything? I know some colleges have wrestling teams, I assume that's only for experienced wrestlers though and they don't have any sort of beginner programs?

I don't expect to become an amazing wrestler starting at this age, but I was hoping I could at least find a place to learn the sport. I have checked all sorts of sites online but haven't found much. I realize it's a long shot but I'd appreciate any help I could get finding a wrestling club for all ages.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Starting wrestling after high school?

Im not familiar with any clubs in the San Diego area, but you might have better luck contacting CA - USAWrestling here: http://www.ca-usaw.org/

Olympic Champ

Do college teams allow club athletes to walk on and train with them? That's where most sr. wrestlers train in Canada.

Redshirt

Thanks for the help guys. I actually contacted a few clubs I found through the CA Wrestling website but didn't get any responses- a lot of the listings seem like they may be old.

College clubs allow walk ons but I'm not sure how welcoming they'd be of someone with no experience. From everything I've been reading it looks like I'd need to already be a great wrestler to try and train with a college team, unless I just wanna get tossed around.

user tags

wrestling after high school

starting wrestling in college

Where to wrestle after high school

wrestling shoes

ways to get into wrestling after high school

learning to wrestle after high school

How to learn wrestling after high school

learning wrestling after high schoolsite: starting wrestling in collegelearning wrestling after high schoostarting wrestling after 30where learn wrestling after high schoolhow to wrestle after high schoolwrestling clubs after highschoolstarting wrestling at age 20is jeff hardy going to wrestle after may 2013how to learn wrestling after highschoolhow to learn how to wrestle after high schoolways to do wrestling after high schoolwhere to train wrestling after high schoodidnt wrestle in high school but want to learnhow to continue in wrestling after high schoolhow to continue wrestling after high schoollearn how wrestle after high schoollearn wrestling after hig schoolhow can i continue to wrestle after high how to wrestle after highschoolhow to start a wrestling team at my high schoollearning how wrestle after high schoolwhere to learn wrestling after high schoolcan i start wrestling after highschoolstarting wrestling after collegehow do i continue wrestling after high schoolhow to start wrestling after highschoolstarting wrestling at 20