Thread: Matt Furey?!

Electric!! Matt Furey?!

Anyone heard of this guy?
    He has a bunch of help books out and I'm just wondering if you guys have heard of him.
    He has one called martial art of wrestling and it says it'll teach you call kinds of things like how to never be tired in a match again, build quick and explosive takedowns, make your body feel 10 times heavier and make your opponents not be able to budge, and a lot more.
    It all sounds great and worth the $39.95 +S&H if it works but I'm wondering if anyone has done it or knows anyone who has. I would buy it but wanted someone elses opinion. Also he sells a book on how to take a crap... So yea pretty sure this guy might just do this crap for money and people buy it thinking it will help.
    So if you guys know anything about this help me out.
    Thanks guys!

- Brad

Default Re: Matt Furey?!

Matt Furey is a native of Iowa, wrestled at University of Iowa and at Edinboro. In the past decade or so, he's been very involved in the world of shootfighting and grappling and old-school workout techniques, learning from Karl Gotch, and studying/analyzing Frank Gotch (no relation to Karl). He had a grappling magazine at one time. I've not met him in person, but, from my correspondence with him and talking on the phone, he's very knowledgeable and incredibly passionate about old-time grappling and strength techniques.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ideamark View Post
    Matt Furey is a native of Iowa, wrestled at University of Iowa and at Edinboro. In the past decade or so, he's been very involved in the world of shootfighting and grappling and old-school workout techniques, learning from Karl Gotch, and studying/analyzing Frank Gotch (no relation to Karl). He had a grappling magazine at one time. I've not met him in person, but, from my correspondence with him and talking on the phone, he's very knowledgeable and incredibly passionate about old-time grappling and strength techniques.

Mark
    Would you recommend his book?

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_Brad View Post
    Would you recommend his book?

It depends on what you're looking for. I'm not aware of this book, but, from what I've read of his writing in the past, I would think it would be worth trying. I think one of Matt's gifts is to analyze and present "old-school" techniques in a way that's relevant for today's wrestler.

Mark

I bought this book years ago, it's pretty good. He was espousing all these mma work outs about 15 yrs. ago. A man way before his time.