Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Recruits for next year

Thats a solid top fifteen Eazee.

Scott, I'm aware of how good Graff is, and if Mangrum beat him then I'm sure he's very good too.

But you can only put five people, on a top five list. Mangrum is a great get for Z at OSU, and Graff will be a great grab for whoever gets him. Both are top ten guys.

You mention freestyle results should make Graff and Mangrum top five. Mason, Meade, and Oliver to the best of my knowledge have all won Fargo at least once, and then Winston is an undefeated folkstyler in one of the toughest states in the country. I'm assuming you have no quarrel with Welch on the list so I'll leave him alone.

I think Scott was just saying that there is an east coast biased when it comes to high school wrestling. Out west we have some great wrestlers and its unfortunate that not all of them attend the major tounaments, either because they cant afford it or because their team cant afford it. Like I said earlier, Graff will emrerge as a top 5 recruit this year and probably do so after the freestyle season.

You guys make a good case for them, and like I said I think they're both top ten. Just curious who you'd bump on of mine, or Eazee's top five for one, or both of them?

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    You guys make a good case for them, and like I said I think they're both top ten. Just curious who you'd bump on of mine, or Eazee's top five for one, or both of them?
    Yeah for me its not a matter of East vs West Coast here. Next year's class is just going to be reaaally strong. At this point in time I wouldn't put those two ahead of any of that original top five. Just because those five are that badass.

I dont think you guys are really biased, I just think you havent seen enough of the west coast guys. It is hard to put wrestlers in a top five best of anything off of hear say.

It is sad that very good high school wrestlers have to choose between tounaments. I am sure that Graff would have liked to go to Jr. nationals but he probably had to decide what was best for him for what he could afford. Unlike Henry Cejudo, Graff isnt sponsored by anyone to travel. I agree with Scott that if they make a good push at fila it will turn some heads.

I think when all is said and done that Andrew Howe from Indiana will be high on people's lists. I don't think he went to Fargo last year, but it looks like he isn't having much trouble out in Vegas this week. He teched his way to his second state title this year and only has one loss for his career (to Reece Humphrey as a freshman in the state finals).

Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    Jenson and Eazee.... it isn't so much that your picks are bad, it's just as Ugly is saying..... the West doesn't even make your radar, or get mentioned at all.... unless they wrestle in the Beast or Ironman.
    Huh?????

I'll second that huh...

I'll fully admit, I did my list off the top of my head, and Mangrum didn't come to mind at all, kind of embarrasing now that I looked and saw he's a two timer at Fargo. Graff did, but I just don't see him right now as a better recruit than my five guys.

The "only care about the Beast and Ironman argument" is kind of silly. Meade has won Fargo twice, Mason, and Oliver have both won it as well. Scott Winston has a fourth place finish there from this past year, and more importantly is undefeated in folk in one of the toughest states in the country. Both he and Oliver have never even wrestled in the Beast or the Ironman.

Like I said earlier, a top five list can only have five guys on it.

Olympic Champ

Fine..... I deleted my posts and will I'll just stay out of these conversations from now on.