Thread: Ryan Mango taking aim at Junior Nationals title in Greco-Roman

News Ryan Mango taking aim at Junior Nationals title in Greco-Roman

by Craig Sesker USA WrestlingFARGO, N.D. ? The start of the 2008 Olympic Games are just 18 days away and Ryan Mango can?t wait to travel to Beijing, China, to watch his brother Spenser compete.But he has a little business to take care of first.Mango has his sights set on becoming a Junior Nationals champion [...]

More...

Default Re: Ryan Mango taking aim at Junior Nationals title in Greco-Roman

Great little article. Boys are starting to get a little press. On our cable channel here in Florida there is this never ending loop of Olympic Previews that play at night. They have a nice montage of sports where they highlight a sport and an athlete and kind of "introduce" some of the athletes. Unfortunately Wrestling was not one of the sports although Judo was. Looks like we have some great chances to gold medal in some of the men's and women's Judo AND in women's fencing. Something I would not have guessed.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Mango just wrestled Furches. It went to the 3rd period where Mango finished it off with a 5 pointer. I wish that match would have been in the finals.
    Curtis Chenoweth
    wannabe national champ headed to a new home:walkman:

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Great little article. Boys are starting to get a little press. On our cable channel here in Florida there is this never ending loop of Olympic Previews that play at night. They have a nice montage of sports where they highlight a sport and an athlete and kind of "introduce" some of the athletes. Unfortunately Wrestling was not one of the sports although Judo was. Looks like we have some great chances to gold medal in some of the men's and women's Judo AND in women's fencing. Something I would not have guessed.
    Don't belive the hype about Men's Judo. I think ore than once in the last few years the Men's team has gotten shut out at the World Championships. And that not zero medals, it is not a single victory of any type.

However, on the women's side Rhona Roussey won a silver at last year's Worlds, so she is a legitimate contender.

There is a family with two brothers and a sister and the older brother is already a gold medalist and the younger brother was a world champion. Not sure about the sister. The younger brother may have a world title in Jr. Worlds though, not sure.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    There is a family with two brothers and a sister and the older brother is already a gold medalist and the younger brother was a world champion. Not sure about the sister. The younger brother may have a world title in Jr. Worlds though, not sure.
    Not in Judo. I think you are referring to the Lopez bfamily in Tae Kwon Do.
    The only Gold medal for US Judo, ever, was by Jimmy Pedro in 1999 World championships. Pedro was also a wrestler at Brown and won EIWAs.