Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fargo Cost in your state?

Default Re: Fargo Cost in your state?

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    That may not be legit and for a junior could jeopardize eligibility.
    wouldnt this be just like getting a sponsor? i know of kids in the past who have gotten up to 700 hundred dollars to nationals for representing there association at a set amount of local tournaments, and then around nationals, theyd recieve the money. wouldnt this be considered the same thing? is it illegal?
    -->Nikko Cataline<--

Redshirt

You can recieve a refund! You are not being paid but refunded. I think it'd be let go. A lot of states have incentive programs. For example, I recently learned that in PA the cost is over 1000 dollars for fargo, however, if you win a freestyle or greco state championships it's only 700, if you win both, it's only 350. That's the same thing, it's just like the kid recieved 650, but instead of being refunded, they recieve a discount. I don't believe you'd get your money back for winning fargo anymore, it's just too much of a burden. But I could see you recieving some kind of refund. And it is mostly parents that are recieving this break. Parents don't have eligibility to worry about.

In Iowa, I don't remember the exact cost, but it was about $850 for one style. The Iowa Wrestling Federation sends you raffle tickets to sell to cover the entire cost. After Fargo, the IWF uses some of the Fargo money to give away during the raffle. It is a great idea, together my parents and I only paid about $50 for me to go.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

maybe that was just a local promotion run by your local organization using fundraising money to pay for the camp, i would agree though that it sounds alot like prize money.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Colorado..Approx $1000 (flight, room, gear, camp)

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    maybe that was just a local promotion run by your local organization using fundraising money to pay for the camp, i would agree though that it sounds alot like prize money.
    No it was done by the official Iowa Wrestling group. They have a raffle with x dollars for each weight - $98, $105, $112, $119, etc. so there were 14/15 winners out of the whole state, maybe 2 G's in total money given away. If you have the money and want to, you can pay for the whole camp yourself, put your name on all the tickets.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by ISU2008 View Post
    In Iowa, I don't remember the exact cost, but it was about $850 for one style. The Iowa Wrestling Federation sends you raffle tickets to sell to cover the entire cost. After Fargo, the IWF uses some of the Fargo money to give away during the raffle. It is a great idea, together my parents and I only paid about $50 for me to go.
    I contributed to that tab. I bought tickets from 2 kids to help them out this year. It's a good deal and really helps the kids and parents.

It costs the kids here in Louisiana right at $2000. Plus they have to travel to New Orleans for mandatory camps. New Orleans isn't centrally located so it certainly benefits the private school kids in New Orleans. They can attend the camp even if they are not going to Fargo.

In Alaska the cost for camp, uniforms, singlets, travel, staying in the dorms and food while at Fargo was $1740.00