Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eric DeVos, Apple Valley, MN heading to Waverly, IA

Default Re: Eric DeVos, Apple Valley, MN heading to Waverly, IA

Quote Originally Posted by gg121and2 View Post
    ...and home to your Division III National Champs. The rumor on IowaPreps (an impeccable source) is that Mr. Devos was transferred to Mason City and will be commuting. Hey - don't yell at ME - that's the online rumor.
    WAY TO GO POSTING SOME BOGUS PRIVATE INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!

lol
    "It is the difference between humble and hubris that distinguishes their positions." -TLV

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    You do know that he grew up in Waterloo and his family stayed in Waterloo while he was at City High, right? He isn't an Iowa City kid, only another in the long line of transfers.
    Yes but I didn't follow high school wresting until I got into high school, when he was already at City High. But I can certanly understand why people would associate him with East, that's where he's from.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    I'd be interested to know what he does.. Waverly is primarily a farming community, isn't it?
    Yes, mainly rural, farming, but there's also a Nestle plant in Waverly, as well as some other smaller industries. Waterloo and Cedar Falls are also 15-20 miles from there.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Yes, mainly rural, farming, but there's also a Nestle plant in Waverly, as well as some other smaller industries. Waterloo and Cedar Falls are also 15-20 miles from there.

Don't know if it's true or not, but I read his dad was a Social Security Administrator?

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty View Post
    Don't know if it's true or not, but I read his dad was a Social Security Administrator?
    I actually have never even heard of the kid until Schlottke posted the thread (I don't follow high school wrestling at all). However, I do live in the area, so I know a little about Waverly and that's why I responded.
    Last edited by ban basketball; 07-01-2008 at 06:50 PM.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

I actually have never even heard of the kid until Schlottke posted the thread (I don't follow high school wrestling at all). However, I do live in the area, so I know a little about Waverly and that's why I responded.
    well, devos is the 2 time champ from valley, and "was" in the running to be a 6 time champion along with destin mccauley, although, and this is what i've heard, but he was held back a year, either voluntarily or by his parents after mccauley won it in 06, just to be a 6 timer, but idk

Quote Originally Posted by JakeFox27 View Post
    well, devos is the 2 time champ from valley, and "was" in the running to be a 6 time champion along with destin mccauley, although, and this is what i've heard, but he was held back a year, either voluntarily or by his parents after mccauley won it in 06, just to be a 6 timer, but idk
    Why "was"? Isn't he still in the running, provided he wins 4 titles in Iowa?
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeFox27 View Post
    but he was held back a year, either voluntarily or by his parents after mccauley won it in 06, just to be a 6 timer
    Heh.. they moved to Apple Valley because he could wrestle varsity during middle school.. then they went back to Iowa, where they probably planned to go before he even attended Valley.