Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cross Training in Other Sports

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Cross Training in Other Sports

If your calling is academics, you shouldn't be playing three sports anyway. You should train half the time you train for other sports and train in one sport and spend the time doing homework. During the season you can go all out for a few months.

If you wrestle for example 3 times per week outside of your main season, that leaves plenty of time for homework and you can still be a state champion.

Please do not listen to Big and keep doing what you are doing now.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Olympic Champ

Champ Kind is probably right.

Big is probably right.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    If your calling is academics, you shouldn't be playing three sports anyway. You should train half the time you train for other sports and train in one sport and spend the time doing homework. During the season you can go all out for a few months.

If you wrestle for example 3 times per week outside of your main season, that leaves plenty of time for homework and you can still be a state champion.
    That's totally ridiculous.

Big is probably wrong.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

If I didn't do three sports I would be bored out of my mind. I do three sports because I enjoy doing three sports.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle N. View Post
    If I didn't do three sports I would be bored out of my mind. I do three sports because I enjoy doing three sports.
    In your case a high school system works well. It didn't work that well for me. I was called selfish because I asked my teammates to wrestle with me outside of regular practices and in the "off season".

In your case a high school system works well. It didn't work that well for me. I was called selfish because I asked my teammates to wrestle with me outside of regular practices and in the "off season".
    Well going back to what I said before, I don't know what Proudpatriot's kid's school is like. There's a school up the road that wants students to only do one sport, and ours encourages as many as the students want. He needs to evaluate the school and how hard the teams are to get on. Also, the reason I did wrestling is because I was on the basketball and I kinda sucked. I had absolutely no friends on the team. I'm not even sure half the players liked me that much. I did wrestling because not only did I never play for how much work I put into basketball, but because I knew I had friends that would stick with me. They have no problem wrestling with me on the weekends and the off season. Proudpatriot's son needs to look at his specific situation.