Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Logan Steiber vs. Destin McCauley

Default Re: Logan Steiber vs. Destin McCauley

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    I tend to agree with you on Steiber/Taylor, although I have a tough time seeing the McCauley kid lose- it'd be a blast! I'd just love to see a 3 way dual with monroeville, st. paris, and apple valley... talk about a lot of young talent!
    Monroeville would not stand a chance. They have those 4 superstars (Stieber, Stieber, Phillips, Tessari) that would hold their own, but outside that, they don't really have anyone to speak of. I believe those 4 are the only ones that made the state tournament in the states weakest division. I'm really not trying to bash their program at all, but they don't have overall lineup strength to contend with national powerhouses in dual meets. It would still be cool to see those 4 against the other schools though.

I believe those 4 are the only ones that made the state tournament in the states weakest division.
    It may be the weakest division, but I would believe that all 4 would have made it in D-I or D-II and three of the four still would have won state and the other top 3 finish in the other division.

LKWD, Sam has been defensive against White, but I have seen him wreslte many other top kids in the state and man handle them. He is not all defense. I would love to see him open up against White.

Quote Originally Posted by legridder155 View Post
    It may be the weakest division, but I would believe that all 4 would have made it in D-I or D-II and three of the four still would have won state and the other top 3 finish in the other division.

LKWD, Sam has been defensive against White, but I have seen him wreslte many other top kids in the state and man handle them. He is not all defense. I would love to see him open up against White.
    All four definitely would have made it to state in DI or DII, and likely 3 of them would have won. I am not saying that those 4 athletes can't hold their own and dominate at the highest level. Also, "Sam" and "White" are the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by legridder155 View Post

Just to clarify, I was citing Sam White as being defensive (the times I have seen him). He lost the state championship this year on an OT calling stall to Jamie Clark. That was not only a good call, but the year before I think the same thing could have happened in the state finals, won that time by White in 4 OTs over Clark.

I have never seen McCauley wrestle, so I'll take your word on his aggressiveness.

Clark is also very aggressive. I love his style. Had a win over Taylor and I'd almost be willing to bet that half of Taylors TDs given up in his folkstyle career have been to Clark, though their last match had zero TDs I think. Super defensive wrestlers like White and the kid from Jersey (whose name escapes me--Bergen Catholic was his school the year before this one) can frustrate guys that like to attack like Clark and (I presume) McCauley.

Personal I think the call in the finals was crap!!!!! yes he was not being agressive, but to call the stall at that time waas cheap. If they were going to make the callit should have been done in regulation with 15-20 seconds left.

You are from Massillon. OK. It's a tough way to lose, but certainly not unprecedented. Remember why Cameron Wade was denied a podium spot and all of his points deducted from Chanel's team score two years ago?

I've seen all of the Clark-White matchups. What percentage of the running time in all of their matches would you say that each wrestler, individually in neutral, has spent in the center circle (as opposed to outside of it--AKA playing the edge)?

Not to take anything away from Mr. White though. He is a marvelous wrestler with more than a state championship on his resume.
    Last edited by LkwdSteve; 06-26-2008 at 04:59 PM.

as opposed to outside of it--AKA playing the edge)?
    Wrestling has changed over the years. Back when I wrestled we were taught to wrestle on the outside, ( mat awareness). To me that is part of the game. I used it very wisely, as I was not great on my feet, but a mat wrestler.

stiebers own anyone anyday

Quote Originally Posted by Ancle picker View Post
    stiebers own anyone anyday
    riiiiight...