Thread: Arizona State Reinstates Wrestling after just 10 days

News Arizona State Reinstates Wrestling after just 10 days

Arizona State wrestling boosters have raised enough money for the sport to be fully reinstated.* In just 10 Days. An announcement of the reinstatement is expected Friday afternoon by Lisa Love, ASU Vice President for Athletics. Wrestling was one of three sports cut by ASU on May 13 to save $1.1 million annually in the athletic department [...]

More...

Default Re: Arizona State Reinstates Wrestling after just 10 days

Great news. Now I have to wonder why she didn't make an attempt to get the support before she cancelled the program. Seems it would have saved a lot of negative publicity.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

I winder if she was hoping it would go away without a fight after being blindsided. I hate to be that cynical but I call it as I see it. Either that or she thought it would be easier to cut it than try to save it. But I gotta give a little credit, she said if the money was raised they would reinstate it, and stuck by her word.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by ISU2008 View Post
    I winder if she was hoping it would go away without a fight after being blindsided. I hate to be that cynical but I call it as I see it. Either that or she thought it would be easier to cut it than try to save it. But I gotta give a little credit, she said if the money was raised they would reinstate it, and stuck by her word.
    10 Days is pretty quick to recover... I think the person(s) who coughed up the dough knew before, let it drop, and got to be the saviors after.

It has the same effect as doing it beforehand, but they get the press of doing so as well.

With that said, looking back, I think her "reinstatement" speech was already drafted when they cut it.

New AZ wrestling message board created by sgallan. Spread the word.

http://arizonawrestling.yuku.com
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!