Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is A Leg Ride ?

Default Re: What Is A Leg Ride ?

Those are definately important. I guess when I mentioned my advice I should've stated that its mainly for the purpose of pinning someone out of it. Nothing like cranking it over for your 14th point, then stepping over and getting the pin.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    These are good to have, but I believe the most important things for a good leg rider are good position (hip in tight to his hip, hips higher than his hips, and body parallel to the mat when riding), and good leverage (back arched with pressure on his hip and back).
    I would argue that good position is the single most important aspect in performing almost any move.

Duh. That's the obvious. However, just simply being in good position in this move won't score you points. It will simply only keep you from getting reversed. The single msot important thing with a leg ride is keeping your opponent on the mat because if their hips come up too often you won't be scoring a lot of points. Thus, the purpose of this move.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    I would argue that good position is the single most important aspect in performing almost any move.
    You are correct, but my post was in response to wrastler's assertion that arm and leg strength are necessary for successful leg riding. My experience is that strength isn't a big factor in leg riding if you use your weight and leverage properly.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    That looks like a tuft leg rider..

These are good to have, but I believe the most important things for a good leg rider are good position (hip in tight to his hip, hips higher than his hips, and body parallel to the mat when riding), and good leverage (back arched with pressure on his hip and back).
    Totally agree, need to add anyone starting to ride legs start with a cross body ride to learn.

First year or two riding them until you learn, you should expect some losses due to legs, however once you master them you will be greatly rewarded. Legs become a style of your own and learning how to use your opponents momentum against him and how to crank on him.

Leg ride's a great scoring move in freestyle, because your oppenent naturally flattens themselves out. If they come up to defend the leg ride it sets up an easy gut wrench.

Riding with both legs in has become popular in my area in recent times.

The top guy is riding much "higher" than with a one leg in.

You have to extremely physical on the bottom guys head with power halfs & crossfaces.

If legs slip out, a tight body scissors around the waist can be painful and effective.

This style is not for everyone.

Last edited by Ground&Pound; 05-06-2008 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground&Pound View Post
    If legs slip out, a tight body scissors around the waist can be painful and effective.
    In high school, a body scissors is not illegal by application, but it is illegal to squeeze your opponent with it in a punishing manner.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.