Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jason Welch vs. Scott Winston

Default Re: Jason Welch vs. Scott Winston

I'll take Howe over either of them. I've seen Howe wrestle 6-7 times and he doesn't look like he's breakind a sweat and he beat a Ben Davis kid -Cahmelan Porter like he was a 2 year old and Porter is the strongest 152 lber I have ever wrestled . He won the Football players weight lifting contest 2 years in a row -benching in the 375 -390 range .
    When I graduated from Ben Davis in 1976 I was one of the first people in the 200 lb club -meaning benching 200 10x''s now they have a 300 and a 400 lb club -

I couldn't play sports today -I don't drink or smoke nor do I do illicit drugs -I just would refuse to take a urinalysis test on principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    I don't think you're giving Winston his due here. Its not like Winston hasn't wrestled tough competition. his loss was a 4 minute match in pre season.
    I realize that what I've seen of him is very limited. That's why I qualified my statement. It's obvious that he's a very good wrestler. To say that he's not as technically advanced as Welch isn't a knock. Welch's array of techniques is more developed than anyone else I've seen at that weight in the country. Winston reminds me of C.P. Schlatter in many ways. So, obviously that's not a bad thing.

Winston over Cubberly today at the FILA Junior Freestyle Nationals, 1-0, 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by CoachWhite View Post
    Winston over Cubberly today at the FILA Junior Freestyle Nationals, 1-0, 1-0
    It looks like Welch dropped out of the tournament. I don't see his name anywhere in the brackets, though he had entered previously.

Can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by SpinDR View Post
    It looks like Welch dropped out of the tournament. I don't see his name anywhere in the brackets, though he had entered previously.

Can anyone confirm?
    Never mind, I confirmed with a Bay Area writer that Welch pulled out due to a minor knee injury. Too bad we couldn't see him compete, but no reason to risk further injury at this point.

Sorry Peyton...but Welch's forte is wearing Strong kids out within the first two rounds...Go to Youtube and watch his wins over Sean Nemec, Louis Bland and Steven Vasquez...Nemec was his closest competition and Nemec makes Winston look anemic...But hey, on any given day...who knows

That's my point about Howe , he took Porter apart with technique and finesse -not muscle -I think Howe's performance the last 2 days speaks for itself -Beating Reader ? Cahmelon was the muscle kid staring at the lights the whole match -Howe just kinda dismantled him.

Howe beat Shaw,Joyce, and Nemec then lost to DeBerry then beat Smith, Reader, and Manuel. i don't know why I am defending Howe , the prick decided to go to Wisconsin . I wish Howe well against any but an Indiana kid.
    Last edited by r.payton@att.net; 04-26-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    That's my point about Howe , he took Porter apart with technique and finesse -not muscle -I think Howe's performance the last 2 days speaks for itself -Beating Reader ? Cahmelon was the muscle kid staring at the lights the whole match -Howe just kinda dismantled him.

Howe beat Shaw,Joyce, and Nemec then lost to DeBerry then beat Smith, Reader, and Manuel. i don't know why I am defending Howe , the prick decided to go to Wisconsin . I wish Howe well against any but an Indiana kid.

Strong Argument...!...All good for the Sport. Great potential for a strong US showing in 2012.

Will someone tell me when exactly Jason Welch will Wrestle Winston??? They are both great, but Welch is better.

Also, New Jersey over Cali in a state champs dual meet, but maybe Cali over NY, and this year Ohio??? Would be great to see.