Thread: Thank You to Apple Valley Wrestling Program....

Default Thank You to Apple Valley Wrestling Program....

I'd just like to take a minute here to do something that's long overdue and thank the Apple Valley Wrestling Program for their generosity and their dedication to Jacob Schlottke that they worse on last years State Wrestling Tee-Shirts.

I contacted the School's head coach at the time, coach Jackson, and requested to purchase a large number of the shirts for my family, Jacob's immediate family; Marylin and Duane his parents, Craig, Martha and Duane Jr his siblings, his widow, as well as one of his closest friends.

The school graciously ordered additional shirts and said they would send them out free of charge and only charge for shipping and handling.
    The spirit coordinator, a man named Kevin has made sure this gets done and has been great to deal with along the way.

I know it's been a while for most on here, so this post may seem about a year late, but Jacob remains very close to our hearts and in our memories.
    And while they're simply tee-shirts, they're a great deal more to us.

So again, thank you to Apple Valley for honoring Jacob so graciously, and for so generously giving the family those shirts.

-Paul Schlottke
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: Thank You to Apple Valley Wrestling Program....

Its never too late or a year late....I still think about Jacob all the time, and being on TWT just kind of keeps him close to us every day.

I've known coach Jackson since I was 15 years old, he was one of our Assistant Coaches there when Coach Demeray was the head coach. Always a hard nosed but classy guy and if you could get some time with him AFTER you graduated he treated you much differently, he treated you like one of his own kids in the room but as a peer once you graduated. Good luck to him in his "retirement". I get the feeling we might see him pop up again.

Miss you JS.

"Take down down, take two two, take down down take 2"
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Its never too late or a year late....I still think about Jacob all the time, and being on TWT just kind of keeps him close to us every day.

I've known coach Jackson since I was 15 years old, he was one of our Assistant Coaches there when Coach Demeray was the head coach. Always a hard nosed but classy guy and if you could get some time with him AFTER you graduated he treated you much differently, he treated you like one of his own kids in the room but as a peer once you graduated. Good luck to him in his "retirement". I get the feeling we might see him pop up again.

Miss you JS.

"Take down down, take two two, take down down take 2"

Thank you. I spent just about every practice with Jacob in Southeastern Wisconsin, wrestled every tournament with him and saw him several times every week until Duane retired and moved up North. Then while in college Jake would come down to visit on a regular basis, something I now realize I took for granted. After moving to New Mexico, the last time I got to see Jake was at his Wedding, so to this day it still doesn't feel real. Coming on to this board and talking to him via private messages was our primary way of staying in touch. So it's great to see something he helped build and that reminds me of him up and running, and thriving.

And I agree with you regarding Coach Jackson. Coaching at Muskego(a Southeast School in Wisconsin where I hoped Jake would wrestle with me as he lived just a mile away) I had a chance to interact with Coach Jackson on several occasions at the Cheesehead. He's a great guy and a class act. I remember when Jake and his family where looking at schools in Minnesota because he wanted to wrestle in 8th grade after getting very little competition after moving up Ladysmith Wisconsin, and Jake talking about why he picked AV. They where the best program, and he appreciated Coach Jackson's candor. He didn't recruit him, he was contact by Jake, and was straight forward with him about having to earn his spot and what would be expected.

Jake went from taking second in Wisconsin kids state tourney(which was from essentially two years off in my opinion) to taking 3rd as an 8th grader in Minnesota's HS program.

Great coach, great guy, and he did a lot for Jacob's development.

I'm Maverick's Dad. I know Jake's brother Duane and met Jake several times. My son Maverick met Jake when he was 18 months old. We always spoke well of Jake and when Maverick started wrestling he wanted to post about it on here so Jake could read about it. Even though Maverick was too young to remember meeting Jake, our family's admiration of Jake impressed Maverick so Maverick wanted to wrestle too. Jake's life touched far more people than he knew in ways he probably never imagined.
    I am 10 years old. My Dad helps me make these posts. Please share your youth wrestling stories with me.

Pretty awesome.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Pretty awesome.

Yep...the big bad Apple Valley program when it comes down to it is really made up of really great people. It's easy to understand in retrospect why Jake and Marylin and Duane decided to move there. Of course as good as they are, they'll always be the enemy....