Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor/Grajales in the room..

Default Re: Taylor/Grajales in the room..

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    You were quoting me, so I guess I was just making assumptions.
    He also refered to himself as "alway right", something I don't think you would do Mr. Zapp.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    He also refered to himself as "alway right", something I don't think you would do Mr. Zapp.
    Steve, I am seldom right. I am often somewhat right, occasionally I am right-ish, and mostly I am flat out wrong.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I believe he was referring to me when he said Mr. always right,,blag,blah,blah. I said correct me if I am wrong and so you did. I am not a Grajales enthusiast so I was not sure. I thought I remembered reading something of the sort but now that I have been corrected,,I guess I have been corrected. Again why would pinning a 3 x PA statechamp not be sufficient evidence? In this case I was simply comparing the two dapper dan matches and I said Grajales wrestled superior competition. My opinion is that David taylor would lose. I have seen him wrestle several times and he is a great wrestler but Grajales is too. Grajales would be stronger and faster. I think they both know enough to get out of any bad position. Again, just my opinion but I haven't heard any reason why David would win except technique. It is hard to accomplish certain techniques when you are out of position or you can't get your opponent to the mat. I dont know but maybe we will all see this match happen someday soon.

1) You are certainly entitled to your opinion! I think Steve was just a little riled that you said you were always right, which was surely a joke.

2) I doubt this match will ever happen, but I hope it does!

Not riled at all. Quite the opposite. I thought it delicious that a first post of someone claiming to be always right would have an (egregious?) error in it.

The Dapper Dan wrestlers have no control over who is put on the mat in front of them. What if Taylor pins Johnson also? If Harrison Hightower can pin Mr. 3X PA champ (dual meet at University School) I think Taylor could.

Besides it's dangerous to draw such conclusions from watching the Dapper Dan. There are gremlins up in the rafters at the Fitzgerald Fieldhouse. I've seen them!

unregistered

Yes always right was obviously a joke. I have very limited knowledge of either wrestler other than following their senior years and watching a few matches on you tube. I dont know why steve got so ticked about a first poster. I am rarely ever posting anyting anywhere due to time constraints put on me by a demanding professional life. I choose to spend most of the rest of my time with my family doing whatever it is we do. I felt I should try to get a little time to dedicate to the sport I love so much and so I read a little, watch some video and NOW post a few comments.
    I am still not with steve on this one. I realize this is a snapshot in time ( the dapper dan match) but sometimes a small sample size (n=1) can still yield accurate conclusions. I do believe Grajales would win because he seems faster and stronger from what I have seen and again I dont see Grajales putting himself into very bad positions other than baiting people to take shots on his legs.
    I believe he and his dad tried to get a match together up in PA but it was stated that the Taylors never called them back. On a florida website (www.hsflorida.scout.com)the dad actually posted his phone number and stated they are very easy to get a hold of. Why not just do it in the practice room in PA? The Grajales family seem like very nice people and the dad loves his boys and will do anything for them. I get this from reading this forum. Dr.Bigg

I know little about either wrestler other than following their senior years and watching a few matches on you tube. I dont know why Steve got so ticked about a first poster. I am rarely ever posting anyting anywhere due to time constraints put on me by a demanding professional life. I choose to spend most of the rest of my time with my family doing whatever it is we do. I felt I should try to get a little time to dedicate to the sport I love so much and so I read a little, watch some video and NOW post a few comments.
    I am still not with steve on this one. I realize this is a snapshot in time ( the dapper dan match) but sometimes a small sample size (n=1) can still yield accurate conclusions. I do believe Grajales would win because he seems faster and stronger from what I have seen and again I dont see Grajales putting himself into very bad positions other than baiting people to take shots on his legs.
    I believe he and his dad tried to get a match together up in PA but it was stated that the Taylors never called them back. On a florida website dad actually posted his phone number and stated they are very easy to get a hold of. Why not just do it in the practice room in PA? The Grajales family seem like very nice people and the dad loves his boys and will do anything for them. I get this from reading the posts on the wrestling forum I referenced earlier. Dr.Bigg

"Steve got so ticked about a first poster."

My post was playful, of course. I was laughing while I penned it. Why do you think I was angry or ticked?

I'm telling you the gremlins are there. I see them every Dapper Dan that I attend.

I am glad Steve was just kidding. Beating me up isnt nice. Just voicing my opinion guys and trying to add to the conversation. I do hope we see this match. Dr.Bigg