Discuss Tall Guys and Low Singles at the High School Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Can a tall guy successfully hit low singles consistently? I realize I'm no John Smith, ...

Default Tall Guys and Low Singles

Can a tall guy successfully hit low singles consistently?

I realize I'm no John Smith, but I feel like I half to spread my legs a lot and have a giant lead to hit it, but in practice i hit it a lot when we go live in the room, but at a tournament this weekend, someone pointed it out to me that my legs were really wide and they'd always shoot on my lead leg and I couldn't get it back fast enough. At this tournament, I got in really deep with it 3 times, got stuffed 2 or 3 times after wrestling a tougher kid, never really got close to it. Part of it is the set up I'm sure, but is a low single a tall guy move? or can pretty much anyone work a low single and a low stance so I don't have to die for the leg?

Also, I know it's supposed to be hit from a circling motion, but I can never seem to hit it like that, if I move into them and fake and then back up a little bit and wait for them to step in I can usually get in pretty deep and finish, or at least get to the leg, but when they're circling or moving side to side i find it hard to set them up or get in on the leg with the low single?

Default Re: Tall Guys and Low Singles

Tall Guys and Low Singles...now, that was a tear jerkin' little country diddy back in it's day!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

user tags

are tall wrestlers good at low singles

low single for tall wrestlers

tall wrestlers stance

tall guy wrestling