Thread: Defending front headlocks

Default Defending front headlocks

What do you guys feel is the most effective way to get out of a front headlock? Sucker drag or peel the hand off your chin? Get your hips up or stay on the mat? What do you guys like to do?

Default Re: Defending front headlocks

My favorite is dragging out of I, might be called a sucker drag. I learned it from a John Smith instructional. Works great as long as you do it right and pull the elbow to the mat so they can't knee tap you.

Some time's its just a dog fight and I have to peel the hand get up off the mat. But, I used to really struggle with in a front headlock until I learned the drag out

learn a Syracuse. Watch the guy in the Blue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpthkl9HHY4

both of the above listed are great ways to defend a front headlock. just something to add, a high dive. this is taught more in greco. it's basically a re-shot to the body. get to your feet, with the leg that is on the side of the free hand of the front headlock (if your opponent has your chin with on your left than you step with your right leg) step deep between your opponents legs and lock your hands around your opponents body. depending on how you do this your opponent will either be off the ground or you'll be in a semi- duck under position.

Olympic greco highlights 2008 - YouTube

go to 1:46 to see a high dive.

Tags for this Thread

are headlocks allowed in high school wrestling, best escaping front headlock, best way how to get out of a headlock, break free from headlock in wrestling high school, defend front headlock, defend the front headlock, defend the headlock, defending front headlock, defending front headlock wrestling, defending the front headlock, defending the head lock, defending the headlock, drag out from front headlock, escape a pin from a headlock, escape from front headlock high school wrestling, escaping a headlock in high school wrestling from the down position, front headlock defense, front headlock defense on mat post hand, front headlock defense series, front headlock defense wrestling, front headlock defense wrestling move, front headlock escape, front headlock wrestling, get out of front headlock, high school wrestling defense against a headlock, high school wrestling pinning headlock escape, how do u get out of a front headlock, how to break a front headlock high school wrestling, how to defend a front headlock, how to defend a headlock, how to escape a wrestling head lock, how to get out a headlock, how to get out of a front headlock, how to get out of a front headlock wrestling, how to get out of a headlock from front, how to get out of a headlock from the front, how to get out of a headlock in wrestling, how to get out of a wrestling headlock, how to get out of front headlock, in h.s wresting headlock whats the best way to get out of that move, jow do you get out of a headlock in wrestling, locking hands in front headlock, most effective headlock, sucker drag wrestling, what to do in front headlock, wrestling defend headlock, wrestling front headlock defense, wrestling front headlock escape, wrestling headlock escape, wrestling how to get out of a headlock

View Tag Cloud