Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the best wrestling camps?

Default What are the best wrestling camps?

Please tell me what wrestling camps are the best?

Default Re: What are the best wrestling camps?

I can tell which ones were not so good-The JRobinson Camp...
    I thought for sure that it would be great, graet named wrestlers, great locations, and legendary wrestlers having attended.
    But what I saw...
    I sent 10 of my varsity wrestlers to the camp and I showed up to watch a few sessions (I did not want to be around much so that they had a break from my coaching) and watched my wrestlers play more games than drill or wrestle, witnessed their "camp counselor" getting stoned and smoking, then throwing their cigerette butts at the kids below their balcony, and camp counselor's not willing to wrestle with my athletes because they were busy trying to get some girls phone number. When I wrote to the JRob camp directors regarding the situation, just trying to explain what was going on, not trying to get money back or anything-they never once got back with me. I tried calling and they kept telling me that they will have their boss call-nothing ever happened.
    I was terribly disappointe din the camp and had heard great things about them in teh past, but this one camp was horrible.

I would suggest the Hitchcock/Azevedo Camp in Lake Tahoe, CA or a Ken Chertow camp (located all over the US at various times).

I enjoyed Michigan Universtiy Wrestling camp. Also learned a lot at the Milkovich wrestling camp in Berea, OH.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Quote Originally Posted by Greco-ZAG View Post
    I can tell which ones were not so good-The JRobinson Camp...
    I thought for sure that it would be great, graet named wrestlers, great locations, and legendary wrestlers having attended.
    But what I saw...
    I sent 10 of my varsity wrestlers to the camp and I showed up to watch a few sessions (I did not want to be around much so that they had a break from my coaching) and watched my wrestlers play more games than drill or wrestle, witnessed their "camp counselor" getting stoned and smoking, then throwing their cigerette butts at the kids below their balcony, and camp counselor's not willing to wrestle with my athletes because they were busy trying to get some girls phone number. When I wrote to the JRob camp directors regarding the situation, just trying to explain what was going on, not trying to get money back or anything-they never once got back with me. I tried calling and they kept telling me that they will have their boss call-nothing ever happened.
    I was terribly disappointe din the camp and had heard great things about them in teh past, but this one camp was horrible.

I would suggest the Hitchcock/Azevedo Camp in Lake Tahoe, CA or a Ken Chertow camp (located all over the US at various times).
    Was this a Takedown camp because if it was the whole playing games thing is part of that style of camp because I am willing to bet it was not an intensive camp because those are known for being pretty solid.

I attended the 2008 28day J Robinson intensive camp, and the only day we EVER got to play any sort of game, of any kind, was on soccer day, where we played soccer for 1 hour or so, and it was INTENSE, BRUTAL, and VIOLENT. Our Counselors were there to push us, and motivate us, and make sure we never gave up. They never once did anything that would harm us, or keep us from achieving our full potential and our highest goals. I loved the camp, the pain, the blood and the sweat, everything it did for me as a person, and as a man. It changed my LIFE! the grueling 6am runs that are harder than most high school practices, the technique practice, which was extremely helpful, and felt like a normal hard practice at school, and the Hard Practice, which I can do no justice to it if I tried to describe it, and the evening run and/or practice, which was a either an intense, lasting burnout for the night, or a cooldown technique practice. The camp was worth every cent, and then some. IF you go, you will not be disappointed. I wouldnt take the time to write this if I didnt feel so strongly about what it did for me and everyone there, and I think the guy above might have sent his kid to the technique camp or something, because those kids were the most annoying kids I have ever seen in my life, and all we would do is shake our heads at them as they left their practice, right before we began Hard Practice. They knew nothing of what we did.

Totally agree J Rob camp is a ball buster and will test your every limit. Great camp, Chertow puts on top of the line camps as well.

Jeff Jordan's camps are outstanding

How does the Iowa State 21 day world class intensive camp compare to Jrob?

Jordan's camp are outstanding but he is kind of selective in who his campers/future falcons are.
    Seriously though I attended his first year in summer of 95 and they are top notch, and have only gotten better since that time.