Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toughest Weight Class Out There

Default Toughest Weight Class Out There

Based on your own personal experiences and opinions, what do you think is the toughest high school weight class. I've been wrestling 103 the past 3 years so I haven't experienced much else so I would have to say 103. But if I could also take into consideration 189 because it's like the cutoff point where wrestlers have speed and when they usually don't. Our 189 pounder a few years back was a monster in terms of speed as well as his strength. He placed 4th at states not to mention. Well tell me what you think lol............

Kevin
    103 lb

Default Re: Toughest Weight Class Out There

I'd say 189 and 215 because those guys are usually strong and fast where as 103 and 112 are tough too because you have to work to make weight and maintain your speed and strength

Middle weights for sure. Anywhere between 35-60 because you have to be both strong and quick.

I would say somewhere around 120 to 160 because people in this class are fast on the mat and stronger like omg strong

To be honest, they are all tough! ha ha. In my opinion it would probably be 135-160.
    Just like everyone is saying they are strong and quick. There is also a lot of competition at those weights. Especially 140.
    But its all opinions. One mans tough is another mans weak.

160 to 189, because that's where a lot of guys can get real big and strong, but still be really quick.

I miss those days of weighing that little.
    Wrestling: Shoot first, ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinlittle103 View Post
    Based on your own personal experiences and opinions, what do you think is the toughest high school weight class. I've been wrestling 103 the past 3 years so I haven't experienced much else so I would have to say 103. But if I could also take into consideration 189 because it's like the cutoff point where wrestlers have speed and when they usually don't. Our 189 pounder a few years back was a monster in terms of speed as well as his strength. He placed 4th at states not to mention. Well tell me what you think lol............

Kevin
    103 lb

I believe that the toughest weight classes are in between 125 and 145 because most of the star matches in georgia at state are with in these weights but the hardest is 130

As a guy who wrestled 152 - 189 back in high school, I'd have to say from observation and experience that 125 or 130 up to 152 or 160 is where you'll find the toughest weight classes. Which one depends on the year and which division, state, etc., that you're in. However, given the depth of talent and the skill set required (quickness, power, strength, endurance, flexibility, technique) at the middle weights, they are much tougher on average than those at the ends of the spectrum, e.g. 103, 112, 189, 215.

It's not so much that the top guys in weights on the ends aren't fantastic, it's that the depth of talent just isn't there from year to year like in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    As a guy who wrestled 152 - 189 back in high school, I'd have to say from observation and experience that 125 or 130 up to 152 or 160 is where you'll find the toughest weight classes. Which one depends on the year and which division, state, etc., that you're in. However, given the depth of talent and the skill set required (quickness, power, strength, endurance, flexibility, technique) at the middle weights, they are much tougher on average than those at the ends of the spectrum, e.g. 103, 112, 189, 215.

It's not so much that the top guys in weights on the ends aren't fantastic, it's that the depth of talent just isn't there from year to year like in the middle.
    I agree, these weights always have a bunch of tough kids every year. You still have tough kids in some of the lighter and heavier weights but not as many.