Discuss Minimum weight/body fat calculations at the High School Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Here is what my state's website says on minimum weight: "The lowest weight class at ...
    Redshirt

Default Minimum weight/body fat calculations

Here is what my state's website says on minimum weight:

"The lowest weight class at which a wrestler may compete will be determined by predicted body weight at 7% body fat (males) and 12 % body fat (females) as follows. A 2% variance will be applied to each students Minimum Wrestling Weight as calculated by the NWCA system"

So does the 2% variance mean that my minimum body fat would technically 5%? Any help would be appreciated

Blog Entries

Default Re: Minimum weight/body fat calculations

No that means that if your lowest body weight at 7% is 108 pounds you could wrestle 2% lower and still make 106 if you chose to. At least that is what it meant a couple of years ago in Washington with very similar language and numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

user tags

what is my minimum weight

calculation of minimum weight at 7

whats the 2 variance in wrestling minimum weight

how to calculate the minimum body weighthow does nwca determine body fatbody aft calculation nwcawhat is my minimum body weighthow to calculate minimum boody weightcalculate your minimum weighthow to calculate minimum weight of bodywhat is the minimum weight for my bodyminimum body fat for wrestlingwhats my minimum weight for wrestlingthe lowest weight for my height for wrestlingminimum weight for body fatwhats my minimum weighthow is body fat calculated by the nwca.calculate wrestlers minimum weight