Thread: problems with over/under

Default problems with over/under

i feel very uncomfortable in an over/under or double overhook situation. usualy when i am in this position i get tossed, bear hugged, or there is a stalemate. can someone help me? what are some tips on scoring in this situation or aleast how to not get taken down.

Default Re: problems with over/under

I suggest keep fighting for underhooks even if you already have one. Don't drive forward too much or you'll get tossed and pummeling. Also, try staying lower than your opponent, making it more difficult for them to use underhooks. If they get double underhooks, try to pummel at least one arm in so you don't get bear hugged.

Use your overhook to keep his hips away from you. Too many people get their overhook too tight right off the start (leaves thier hand on thier opponents chest.) and this allows thier opponents to step in deep and throw them. Use that hand to block the hip. Also, change up your lead leg and put the other foot forward to see if this helps open up your hips. Last point. If you get double overs, hit the throw as soon as you get them. throw your feet in deep, get your arch on, and throw the sucka. Dont wait for him to get his hips back and start sweating.

The over/under position is a 50/50 proposition at best, and then only if you own it and know aht to do there. You should not get into a position that you don't want to be in. Pummel out, control ties, take charge of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The over/under position is a 50/50 proposition at best, and then only if you own it and know aht to do there. You should not get into a position that you don't want to be in. Pummel out, control ties, take charge of the match.
    I don't agree with this at all. The over/under has many many applications for both offensive and defensive wrestling. The whole point is to pummel into a favorable position, set up your opponent, and score points.

I don't agree with this at all. The over/under has many many applications for both offensive and defensive wrestling. The whole point is to pummel into a favorable position, set up your opponent, and score points.
    Defensive? How so?