Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ankle Picks

Default Re: Ankle Picks

What reaction is the guy typically giving you that is taking away the pick? Remember that pretty much every reaction he gives you puts him from in position to defend ankle pick to out of position for another shot.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I think I'm trying to step too far back to get him to step forward and then when I go for the pick I'm half extended and he can feel it, usually, he pulls it back, just out of my reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Laynerz View Post
    I think I'm trying to step too far back to get him to step forward and then when I go for the pick I'm half extended and he can feel it, usually, he pulls it back, just out of my reach.
    Actually you don't have to step back to set him up, if you do that you are probably too far away to make an effective shot. If you're going for his right ankle, try to push his head towards his right ankle so that he puts his weight on that foot. When he responds by trying to lift his head up you should have a chance to snag the ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Actually you don't have to step back to set him up, if you do that you are probably too far away to make an effective shot. If you're going for his right ankle, try to push his head towards his right ankle so that he puts his weight on that foot. When he responds by trying to lift his head up you should have a chance to snag the ankle.
    I never thought of it like that. That's most likely the reason I missed it, practicing tomorrow, going to work on pushing the head to the ankle i want so i'm not stepping back and getting extended

Not stepping back to set them up made a huge difference. I worked a few different set ups and hit 3 out of the 5 I tried compared to the 0 out of 4, 5, or 6 I'd try before when I went live. They still could be better, but I just need to practice moving them and setting them up along with not stepping back and getting extended, thanks everyone for all the help