Although unable to attend, several friends called and told me these were as competitive as any States have been in a decade.!! At 103 a freshman (Nathan Boston), capped the year with a state title and a 46-0 record.
Another young gun with a GREAT future is Danville sophomore Neal Molloy who finished a perfect 50-0 season at 130 lbs. Jr. Little Tshirt won his 3rd state title.
Skipping a few weights as am typing one handedly-189 had 2 studs meet in the semis-Silga and Stevenson-Stevenson hit a 5 pointer in the first and Silga could not catch up-then in the finals-Goldman-IU's wrestling coach's son -beat Stevenson 2-1 for the title .
The most outstanding wrestler (according to the Indy Star) was Trey Reese of Indian Creek . After finishing 5th at 160 he bulked up for football and promptly stuck everyone he wrestled at States !! He will be attending Marian College as a QB.
I apologize to all the guys I skipped but YOU know you are ALL champions.
IU has 2 State Champions signed-Eric Roach-145 and Goldman -189-Purdue has 3 champions-a pair of twins at 152 and 160 and Stein at 171.
A special shout goes out to Indian Creek !! A school of 600 had 3 State Finalists-2 Champions Raley (135)-Reese (215)-and Stevenson placed 2nd at 189 !